What's new

2021 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Shave Trek

Cloudy Friday Night Shave:
Fatip Slant Piccolo
Personna Med Prep (6)
Semogue 1250 boar brush
PAA Ice Cube 2.0 pre-shave soap
Captain's Choice Venture shaving soap (sample)
Dickinson's witch hazel mixed with Duro Limon Kolonya
Captain's Choice Venture aftershave (sample)

cc-shave-7.png

I'm very sad to have to resign from the crew of the enterprise. The dark and lonely vastness of the unknown Universe broke my fierce determination (not so fierce after all) to stay away from temptations and live a full year without hunting and shopping for new shiny shave gear.

Crew member N.37 salutes the valiant remaining crew, it's time to return the iconic shirt.

73458_v3.jpg

So a couple of days ago I went on a shopping spree. I have passed on several bargains during these 44 days, the most painful was a pristine Schick "Championship razor" (AKA Type L4)that sold as low as €5. So when I saw an Edwin Jagger "3D laser diamond" auction at €1 I bidded €10 just for fun, I was sure someone else would have bidded more. To my surprise I won and my resolution to stay away from new gear suddenly broke. That led me to a spending spree.

Blue is my favorite color and being the Edwin Jagger DE93BL now out of production I grabbed one before they were unavailable.

ej.jpg

Also I always wanted a Chubby synth and I saw it at a very good price at a Spanish seller (not G&C). €67.50 with coupon code and free shipping:
chubby.jpg

New software, because we can't ever get enough. Ariana & Evans The Undersea and Myrsol Antesol Pre/After shave:
UNDERSEA_SOAP-700x700.jpg

Finally I grabbed the last two tucks of (now) NOS Gillette Platinums from a local shop just for the collection. I know they are the same blade of the ready available "light blue" Platinums:
3014260596989-256x256.jpg

In my case Resistence was futile

Last edited:
SOTD (044/2021)
13-02-2021

>> "One blade in February"- challenge <<

Preshave: frigid tap water.
Brush: Semogue TSN 2020 LE 3-band badger
Soap: Ariana & Evans ~ SoCal Hipster
Razor: Razorock SLOC
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword China (13)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Fine Platinum AS.

Shave #13. Still on my way, cruising along with a middle of the road razor in terms of aggressiveness. Starting with today's shave I'm going to shave on both edges of the chinese made Gillette Wilkinson.
Dfs+ in three passes today.

JAHE - still in!
20210213_113556-01.jpeg

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I'm very sad to have to resign from the crew of the enterprise. The dark and lonely vastness of the unknown Universe broke my fierce determination (not so fierce after all) to stay away from temptations and live a full year without hunting and shopping new shiny shave gear.

Crew member N.37 salutes the valiant remaining crew, it's time to return the iconic shirt.

View attachment 1222298

So a couple of days ago I went on a shopping spree. I have passed on several bargains during these 44 days, the most painful was a pristine Schick "Championship razor" (AKA Type L4)that sold as low as €5. So when I saw an Edwin Jagger "3D laser diamond" auction at €1 I bidded €10 just for fun, I was sure someone else would have bidded more. To my surprise I won and my resolution to stay away from new gear suddenly broke. That led me to a spending spree.

Blue is my favorite color and being the Edwin Jagger DE93BL now out of production I grabbed one before they were unavailable.

View attachment 1222302
Also I always wanted a Chubby synth and I saw it at a very good price at a Spanish seller (not G&C). €67.50 with coupon code and free shipping:
View attachment 1222303
New software, because we can't ever get enough. Ariana & Evans The Undersea and Myrsol Antesol Pre/After shave:
View attachment 1222307

Finally I grabbed the last two tucks of (now) NOS Gillette Platinums from a local shop just for the collection. I know they are the same blade of the ready available "light blue" Platinums:
View attachment 1222306

My commiserations. Looks like you got some nice stuff to console yourself with though ;)

...The dark and lonely vastness of the unknown Universe broke my fierce determination (not so fierce after all) to stay away from temptations and live a full year without hunting and shopping for new shiny shave gear...

...So a couple of days ago I went on a shopping spree...

...In my case Resistence was futile...

1613236860049.png

Acchh! Laddie, now what did we tell ya about the perusin'?
Once ya start the perusin', it's only a matter of time!

I'm very sad to have to resign from the crew of the enterprise. The dark and lonely vastness of the unknown Universe broke my fierce determination (not so fierce after all) to stay away from temptations and live a full year without hunting and shopping for new shiny shave gear.

View attachment 1222298

View attachment 1222302
View attachment 1222303
View attachment 1222307

View attachment 1222306

When the dam breaks it really breaks 😉

View attachment 1222298

View attachment 1222302
View attachment 1222303
View attachment 1222307

View attachment 1222306

Sorry to lose you but you did pick up some nice gear!

SOTD (044/2021)
14-02-2021

>> "One blade in February"- challenge <<

20210214_112031-01-01.jpeg

Preshave: frigid tap water.
Brush: Omega 10108 Boar
Soap: Taylor of Old Bond Street ~ Royal Forest
Razor: Razorock SLOC
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword China (14)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Fine Platinum AS.

Shave #14. Half of the way of this year's challenge now is completed.

Have a nice & sunny Sunday!
JAHE - still in!

Last edited:
Still in
I'm dodging the urge to get myself one (OK, maybe 2) good badger brushes.

This started after I enjoyed the face feel of Big Bess, while she may not have come terms with me (yet), but it has aroused a sudden urge for a badger brush.

While Big Bess was traded in the hopes of getting a once and done kind of Badger brush, it has caused an unexpected urge for me.

I'm not getting any good deals and my sanity hasn't left me yet, so I'm able to postpone a Badger brush for a few weeks at a time.

Coming to today's Valentine's day shave, it is by far the best Valentine's day for me.

I enjoyed a great shave, used my favorite soap and the boar brush provided enough lather for 3 pass, also no cuts or irritation.

Razor : RazoRock Game Changer OC 84
Blade : Gillette 7 O'clock Black (10)
Soap : Barrister and Mann Hallows
Brush : Omega 10005
A/ S : Anherb ASC

IMG_20210214_215119.jpg

" I'm dodging the urge to get myself one (OK, maybe 2) good badger brushes. "

I am sharing that urge having resurrected a couple of brushes that I stuffed in a drawer about a year ago. That was a Parker Pure Badger and Perfecto Best Badger that was my first brush. I read an article about brush maintenance that pointed out the fact that I have been remiss on things like rotating with frequency, drying properly, and cleaning regularly. Both of my old brushes were used after shampooing and drying correctly and performed well. Given that experience, I could envision the experience that could be had with a high quality brush. I have a good rotation of badger, boar, and synthetics to work with.
The fact is that I have about 10 months continue to build expertise with the brushes that I have and to research what I might want to buy when restraint ends. Hang in there. The new brushes will feel that much better when you get to that point.

Captains Log, Stardate 6735.1: The entire population of planet Ohnonotagin IV appears to have gone extinct for reasons unknown. Scientific and historical teams are investigating. Some strange behavior has been observed among the crew since away teams have been returning from the planet surface.

briefing-1.png

briefing-3.png

briefing-7.png

briefing-4.png

briefing-6.png

briefing-9.png

briefing-11.png

briefing-12.png

briefing-15.png

briefing-16.png

To be continued...

Last edited: