What's new

2020 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Those Daring Men with their Jaunty Razors & Jalopies

#7 quarterly check in. Still in. Just started a puck of NOS Tallow Art of Shaving sandalwood. Should take me through July/August. The shaves are great and plan to keep rolling.

Car #35 reporting in. After 30 days on the FFFMM leg of the course, my tires will definitely need rotation. Also, a fresh oil change and spark plugs.

Gruyerist #42 checking in. I am tempted by the Czech&Speake spring sale. FOMOing over cheap shaving soap of which I bought several pucks at the regular price that were only sniffed at so far should be the least of my troubles these days. Somehow I feel the urge to reduce the average acquisition price :blink:

SOTD (# 58/2020)
25-03-2020

20200325_134353-01.jpeg

Preshave: Proraso White pre-shave cream
Brush: Omega Synthetic 46138 Hi Brush 24/57
Soap: Barrister and Mann ~ Fougère Angelique (Sample)
Razor: Parker R87
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Postshave: fridig tap water, Stirling Soap Orange Chill AS, Nivea AS balm.

JAHE - #6 still in

still out, but I gotta say, this shelter-in-place stuff has kicked off a bit of acquisition need. I've been ordering online like crazy, stuff I really don't need, but I picked up a couple books, CD's, a razor handle, some soaps and aftershave...can't seem to stop.

still out, but I gotta say, this shelter-in-place stuff has kicked off a bit of acquisition need. I've been ordering online like crazy, stuff I really don't need, but I picked up a couple books, CD's, a razor handle, some soaps and aftershave...can't seem to stop.

Yup,

Since going out, I bought three more brushes (2 Yaqi synths, a West Coast Shaving Synth), three more soaps (B&M Reserve Cool, B&M Bay Rum, and WCS Chypre), an Aftershave(B&M Cool), a Rockwell 6C, and have traded the Gamechanger I went out with for a Mamba. Also got rid of a bunch of soaps that I decided I would never use.

Waiting for Stirling to release their new soap so I can order some samples!

Having more fun now, but I will hit a point where I need to stop and work down the inventory again.

Still out. My Oneblade is supposed to arrive tomorrow so I’m anxious to try it out. It comes with 10 blades and I have a couple tucks I bought for my Valet razors (literally years ago before the Oneblade was even a thing and those blades were a bit cheaper).

In the meantime, my resolve on consumables is still strong. I finally finished off my Stirling Glacial Lemon so I’m down to 8 soaps. Three are about halfway gone and the rest are closer to full so I really don’t want any more right now.

Staying at home has certainly caused some online shopping... This month I purchased some dog food (it is on autoship so it hardly counts), some bolts for a 3d printer I am building, a book, a jar or tarragon, and a case of wine. Sometime in the next couple weeks I will probably put in an order to Mouser or Digikey to order some parts for a stereo amplifier I am going to build.

None of the above should put me out so ... I guess I am still in.

Ruckin (dangerous with a solder iron)

#45 Still in. Wandered around my local antique mall where I have made some good acquisitions in the past. They had some items that might have been tempting but I didn't see anything that warranted going out. There was a nice fat boy in the case for $55.00. I have two that I rarely use so no reason to jump. I did see a Schick Krona that looked good and is a razor that I don't have. I don't think that is so rare or desirable that I won't be able to find one later. Prior to seeing it today, I had never given it a thought and it would have been a pure impulse buy. This is what I am trying to get out of this restraint. I can't think of anything that would break me now. Maybe a NOS Gillette President in the case for under $30 but that is highly unlikely. Good luck to all. Stay healthy.

Trust you are all well and staying strong. I am playing the "Home version" this year but my last purchase was in December and i have not felt the urge to make any shaving purchases for months...progress!
Good luck to all of you!

They really are. 💣

I like to encourage people to stay in. You are doing well, so you can keep going, no problem. Get the Wunderbar after you finish the sabbatical if you still want it at that time.
😇

Ugh, one just popped up on the BST for an excellent price. It was literally the first thing that showed in the recent post list when I logged in. :eek2:

Top Bottom