What's new

2020 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Those Daring Men with their Jaunty Razors & Jalopies

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Raven Koenes, Car 57, 1939 Fiat 1500 B. Team 10
FIAT-1500-A-2330_4.jpg

I crossed the Finish line

Using this kit:

SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto
Blade: Gillette Platinum (5)
Brush: APShaveco uBrush Tuxedo
Cream: Pre de Provence No.63
Post Shave: InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid
Aftershave: Proraso Green (Splash)
041_20.jpg

This was my kit on the last day of 2020 and the first shave of the new year. After crossing the finish line, on the first day of 2021, I went on a shaving spending spree. I bought: One tub of Proraso Green shaving soap, Stirling Soap Company Pharaoh's Dreamsicle Shaving Soap and Dreamsicle Splash. I added menthol to the splash when I ordered. I also ordered an Omega Evo Synthetic Shaving Brush Marble Ovale, and one Fatip Lo Storto Piccolo. To top it off, I ordered 100 Bic Chrome DE Blades I've never tried. On my wish list of must haves is more InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid, and 100 of the new Gillette Platinum blades. I won't be joining the 2021 Shaving Sabbatical as part of my New Year's Resolution. One year of suffering restraint was quite enough for now.

Cheers for all who made it across the Finish line!

Last edited:
1609885372441.jpeg

#36 checking in, crossed the finish line with no problems. Thanks for the prompt to check in, and the invitation to post the car.

I came across the GAZ-M1 last year looking up 1930's automobiles. It is a co-production between Ford Motor Company and the Soviet Union, who had a working relationship between 1932 and 1943. Intriguing to see this business partnership given how the two countries' relationship turned after the war. The film comedy Ninotchka (1939) with Garbo is another interesting relic of this brief alliance.

Congratulations to all the finishers, and best wishes for the new year!

I passed the finish line - and realize actually how much of a dent I failed to make in my collection this year! I think I may need to sell a bunch off :) thanks for the incentive to hold off any new stuff!
proxy.php

Apologies for the tardiness - meant to post earlier, but a badly sprained ankle made getting to the finish drive a bit painful.

Made it clear through 2020 without a single razor purchase.

Now I have to go deal with the kitchen knife aquisition syndrome that took over in 2020. It was far worse than anything I ever did in razors.

Top Bottom