What's new

2020 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Those Daring Men with their Jaunty Razors & Jalopies

@Invicta Correct. 32 drivers are still in, my bad.

Thank you very much for your efforts providing the statistics all year long!
I may, too, take the chance to thank you - all the other remaining drivers - for your ongoing support in this challenging year.
We stood strong and we did not surrender!
Well done, gents!

Time to say bye bye "good ol´2020 sabbatical"!I really have enjoyed the race with all of you - however time has come to put my trustworthy Audi 920 out of service and to change my ride for something more speedy (aka the SS Superspeed)!

So let´s have the final shaves of the year 2020... (sigh)

SOTD (244/2020)
31-12-2020

>> Shave Roulette <<
View attachment 1202174
Preshave: frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Saponificio Varesino ~ Manna di Sicilia
Razor: Mühle R41 Twist
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (1)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Majestät A.S.

JAHE - still in!
That is a really beautiful shot !
Really gorgeous 😍

Car #35 checking in. We have finally crossed the Finish Line and the 2020 Sabbatical Race has been completed successfully! Now the hard-working Alfa Romeo 2200B Mille Miglia can have some necessary maintenance.

🥳 Happy New Year! 🎉

alfa-35-2-3.png

#45 - Hispano Suisa H6 declaring success. Had to swerve hard around a couple of brushes and deal with my longing for Arko, but overall a smooth ride. The last few days of planning the resupply to get into the 2021 restraint was a big help at the finish. Congratulations to all who participated, finishers and non-finishers. Always a new adventure out there somewhere.
1609522525201.png

#39 with the second successful purchase sabbatical in a row. Congratulations to everyone who made it and I hope everyone had fun. I also hope that, successful or not, everyone learned something about themselves (or at least found it entertaining/useful/a decent distraction).

Good luck to the people embarking on the 2021 sabbatical. I have no intention of purchasing anything this year but have decided not to take part in the formal sabbatical again (as previously mentioned).

Ruckin completed the 2020 sabbatical successfully (5 years in a row). I will be taking 2021 off to train myself how to hone a straight and want to learn what I really need as I go rather than try to guess and get everything in the first week of 2021. I have plenty of soap, blades, aftershave, brushes, etc so I don't anticipate picking up anything other than a flat plate, some balsa, a few lapping films and maybe some paste for the balsa.

The 2021 sabbatical looks like it will be fun.

The trusty Jensen H type roared over the line in style. It's due a well deserved oil change.
Jensen H-Type.jpg

After the final check in time (January 9th), will there be a post of the winners list?
Many drivers have signed in and hoping the remaining 13 will come through; the race marshal's car is out looking for drivers still to complete. Final positions will be declared soon after 9th January.

Per the Darth Lord, those that finished 2020 successfully have to Jan 14 to join the 2021 restraint and set their final exception as you victors are out on your victory cruise from finishing 2020 successfully [emoji3]

Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk

Top Bottom