What's new

2020-2024 Leap Year Restraint/2020s Restraint (10 years)

If Your Peach

Keeps Out

Of Reach

You Better Practice

What We Preach

Burma-Shave

Hi,

Every once in a while, one of these leads to some serious laughter. This was one of those. :)

And, the 2023 Year-Long Restraint is Up. I'm running it again. Just in case anyone here wants to come visit us in The Village. :)

What is The Village, you ask? Click and see! ;)

Be Seeing You!

Stan

Christmas Comes

But Once

A Year

One Swell Gift

That's Always Here

Burma-Shave

Hi,

The only one for Christmas I recall.....So far.....

Happy and Merry Christmas to all!

Stan

Still in. I logged shave 1400 on my never ending brick of Vitos. I have no urge to purchase any shaving gear but my trusty Simpson #55 might want to have a break once I finish my brick.

Shared a great meal with family and life is good. I don't think I will join the annual sabbatical in 2023. I didn't join this year because there was a chance I would go out because I was going to buy some sharpening stones. I did buy the stones but so far they have been used to sharpen woodworking gear and kitchen knives so it was needless worry on my part. But I did enjoy the occasional post of "not in" ... but that might make me less than gentlemanly and probably not eligible to join anyway.:tongue_sm

Hi,

You can be In while enjoying the Out posts. Lord knows Kevdogg was In for several years while being a Sith Lord and openly encouraging many Outs - with cookies! :p

Stan

Still in both leap year and decade restraint. One more year almost done and no need to restock anything.

When this decade restraint started, I expected the blades will not make it through the whole decade and I might have to restock at one time or another, but these first years in the restraint showed me I am using an around 8 blades per year. I should most likely make it through on this regards.

Regarding “software”, shaving soaps and creams, I tried to limit myself to a rather small selection of soaps and creams in my rotation but did not manage to finish any single puck. Especially some hard soap pucks seem to last almost forever.

Still in the Leap year and yearly. Signed on for the 2023 also. Figure in for the Penny farthing, see what I did there! At the rate I'm using software I've got at least 6 years before I'm in trouble. 8 1/2 more hours here on the East coast.

I am still in. Today was shave #1408 on my never ending brick of Vitos. With a bit of luck I hope to complete the brick sometime in 2023 and I can then pick one the 58 unopened soaps as my next 3017 project. I am not in the annual restraint but I might drop by once in awhile to make a comment.

I'm still in. How many of us are still here? Updated my Wiki with the years completions. Biggest change for 2023 is I am now head shaving in the shower with the Omnishaver I've had sitting for some years. That along with one of the two shave gels I have should get through to 2024 without a problem for the dome. I have listed an exception in the 2023 yearly, but it is an aftershave tonic so I don't think it will put me out here. I figure I have at least 8 years worth of software left for the regular shave. Good luck to everyone who's still here.

The Place To Pass

On Curves

You Know

Is Only At

A Beauty Show

Burma-Shave

Hi,

I'd been delaying these for the year-end check-in period. Then, I just forgot about it.... Sorry!

Stan

Still hanging in there. My brick of Vitos is getting pretty close to four years of continuous (3017 style) usage. This stuff keeps going and going and ... giving me one good shave after another. Today was shave 1453 and next Sunday with be its forth anniversary. With a bit of luck I can pull out a new soap to 3017 sometime in November 2023. I don't think it would be possible for me to run out of soap for the leap year challenge and I seriously doubt that I would be able to use up my backlog before 2040.

Top Bottom