What's new

2020-2024 Leap Year Restraint/2020s Restraint (10 years)

He Saw

The Train

And Tried To Duck It

Kicked First The Gas

And Then The Bucket

Burma-Shave

Hi,

This is a timely one around here. This just happened yesterday. Idiot passed several cars stopped at the crossing gate and began going past. And, well....won't be trying that ever again. We have a CSX main line a couple towns away and those long freights pass thru at 30 MPH. It didn't get stopped for miles. Ground the car to bits. And the driver. Fortunately, he was alone in the car. He was probably dead at the start as he was hit on the driver's side.

One of my ham friends is a firefighter in that town and told us about it on the radio last night. I quoted a different, but similar Burma-Shave jingle:

Heed This Message

If You'd Be Spared

Trains Don't Whistle

Because

They're Scared

Burma-Shave

Stan

Hello Gents,
Thought I would give the thread a bump to see who is still here. I checked in over on the yearly thread so I'm still "in" here for the long haul. I'm very close to finishing my stock of Poly Silver DE blades. That means I'll be switching brands for the first time in years. It will probably be every month or every couple months as I have a variety of 5 and 10 packs of other blades.
Ramble on gents!

Hi,

I'm Still In and have bought nothing. But, am close to having to buy a 100 pack of blades. Almost gone.

Stan

I have purchased almost nothing... I bought some water stones to try out. So far they have been used on kitchen knives and for the wood shop (chisels, planes). I abstained from the annual sabbatical this year because there was a risk that I might want to try one of my new stones on one of my straights. So far I have not given into temptation so I could have joined the sabbatical after all.. but I am slowly learning that I don't need to be a in a formal sabbatical to abstain from buying stuff. When I first started wet shaving I went a bit crazy and have more stuff than I need and it will be decades before I really need to buy anything shaving related.

I suspect my fountain pen/ink stash could be passed down for generations..:eek2:

Top Bottom