What's new

2020-2024 Leap Year Restraint/2020s Restraint (10 years)

Here's my STUFF! The first pic is under the sink, 600 DE blades, assorted packs of blades . The second pic is my drawer, another 200 feather blades, assorted razors and under the DEs are 16 Straights, 8 of which are ready to go. The last is my main den. One incoming order so I dont run out of my tobacco flower soap. This isn't counting a box in the shed of summer soaps.

View attachment 1047890View attachment 1047891View attachment 1047892

Wow nice inventory! You should be pretty well set for choice even over 4 years!

Already thinking how tough this is gonna be . Really wanted a Vector, ordered the General instead and already can tell I should have gotten the other...yikes lol

It can help if you write the reason why you want to do the Sabbaticals. No need to make it public.

Here is one for hiking the Appalachian Trail. It's the closest I can get to my reasons for all the restraints.

“I feel like I’m meant to . . . I mean, I feel like I was made to . . . I guess what I’m trying to say is that I think I’m supposed to hike the at.”

“What does that mean?” asked Warren.

“Well, when I think about doing anything else it just feels wrong. The thought of not doing the trail fills me with regret to the point that it almost hurts inside. The idea of thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail came to me three years ago, and since it entered my mind, not a day goes by when I don’t think about the trail. It’s not like I chose to hike the trail, but more like it chose me.”

Davis, Jennifer Pharr. Becoming Odyssa: Adventures on the Appalachian Trail (p. 11). Midpoint Trade Books. Kindle Edition.

I like the idea of this challenge--but I already know I can't go 10 or even 4 years without buying anything. Although I like the "only buy to replace" rule set, I like variety in my rotation (we can't all be happy with a single soap like @GaryTha). However, I have set up a stock-reduction plan which includes not buying anything for myself until my existing stock drops below 4 soaps/creams (currently I'm at 10), and then only buy to replace. I'd also like to reduce my AS stock from 6 down to 3. It will likely take me 3 years to get my stock where I want and then I'll buy to replace only.

So, officially, I won't be in because I'd be playing by my own variation of the rules somewhere around year 3. However, I'd like to follow this thread as motivation as long as there aren't any objections.

I like the idea of this challenge--but I already know I can't go 10 or even 4 years without buying anything. Although I like the "only buy to replace" rule set, I like variety in my rotation (we can't all be happy with a single soap like @GaryTha). However, I have set up a stock-reduction plan which includes not buying anything for myself until my existing stock drops below 4 soaps/creams (currently I'm at 10), and then only buy to replace. I'd also like to reduce my AS stock from 6 down to 3. It will likely take me 3 years to get my stock where I want and then I'll buy to replace only.

So, officially, I won't be in because I'd be playing by my own variation of the rules somewhere around year 3. However, I'd like to follow this thread as motivation as long as there aren't any objections.

No objections. I recommend you join both the 10-year and 4-year restraints. This would leave options open to you around year three. Or, you could stock up more now (use the right window for your situation with the annual sabbatical) and go desert island approach.

There won't be another decade challenge for another 10 years. Hate to see you miss out. At least, give the leap year restraint a try.

AS isn't affected by these restraints.

No objections. I recommend you join both the 10-year and 4-year restraints. This would leave options open to you around year three. Or, you could stock up more now (use the right window for your situation with the annual sabbatical) and go desert island approach.

There won't be another decade challenge for another 10 years. Hate to see you miss out. At least, give the leap year restraint a try.

AS isn't affected by these restraints.
I thought about doing that, but going out to buy a couple of soaps today just prolongs my ability to reduce my stock. Maybe I'll join the 4 year--I have pucks of PdP no.63, Cade, and Tabac--those three will last much longer than my soft soaps like Stirling, Prorasso, and Razorock.

I thought about doing that, but going out to buy a couple of soaps today just prolongs my ability to reduce my stock. Maybe I'll join the 4 year--I have pucks of PdP no.63, Cade, and Tabac--those three will last much longer than my soft soaps like Stirling, Prorasso, and Razorock.

There is still time to order a 12 or 24 pack of Williams on Amazon. It's not expensive and will keep all your options open for 10 years. If you decide not to shave with them later, you can use them in the shower.

Last edited:
Just purchased a 16 pack of Fusion 5 razors of the bay for 20 bucks. Should keep me stocked for a while for the yearly restraint and these two for TSA reason. Of course I love the fact that since I fly a lot I can pick up a razor for the leap year and decade one whenever is needed, but not the yearly one. Definitely going to be a challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes good luck everyone. Went on a splurge to close out the year. Will be posting a pic of all the gear here shortly along with the new stuff I ordered before midnight. Picked up a few GEM razors off the bay, a 100 pack of GSB and Voshkod. Added a bottle of my favorite Myrsol K, and a tub of Stirling Margaritas soap. Probably have enough soap to last a while, but always enjoy having a mentholated soap for summer time.

Also picked up the FatBoy that was for sale on here. I think I’m stocked for a while. Can’t wait to get this goimg and see how long I can make it. Thought about getting more soaps like A&E and WK, but when I went to purchase the WK I just couldn’t bring myself to pay 26$ with shipping. I guess at the moment my preferences are changing.

Last edited:
I was going to attach a picture, but I couldn't do it without looking messy. So I'm just going to list what I'm starting with:

Soaps (with estimate of how much is left):
Stirling Blu (50%)
Stirling Lemon Chill (75%)
Stirling Coconut Lime (90%)
Razorock XXX (65%)
Proraso Red (90%)
Proraso Green (50%)
Proraso White (100%)
Tabac (95%)
PdP No. 63 (85%)
L'Occitane Cade (75%)
AoS Sandalwood cream in tube (100%)
Williams Mug vintage 1980s (100%) - I've had it for 3 or 4 years--still haven't tried it

Blades (guesses--I'm not in the mood to go count them):
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow - 99
Persona Blue - 50
Derby Extra - 70
Derby Premium - 10
Sharp - 5
Astra SP - 5
GEM - 25
Feather AC - 14

Razors I use the most:
Gillette Fatboy
Gillette Slim
Razorock Mamba 70
Feather AC
ATT SE1
Ever Ready 1912
Portland Razor Co. 6/8 Spanish Point

Brushes I use the most:
Art of Shaving Best Badger
Omega Boar 10098
Wet Shaving Products synthetic

After Shaves (personal goal to reduce stock):
Clubman Pinaud (80%)
Brut (95%)
Stirling Blu (60%)
B&M Terror (70%)
Thayer's unscented alcohol free witch hazel (90%)
Osage Rub (50%)

Hopefully more stuff doesn't show up as I dig deeper into my cupboard!

Top Bottom