What's new

2019 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Maltese Falcon Razor

Just to say that I'm rooting for you guys. Thus far, 2-3 weeks into 2019, I've not acquired anything directly shave-related. The only thing that comes close is a replacement bottle of Thayer's original witch hazel for the missus.

It really brings to light get how pathetic we are in our need to buy stuff. I’m going to go the distance without buying anything and no whining.

Hi,

If the women don't find you handsome, at least they'll find you handy!

Does posting Red Green mean duct tape is now a sabbatical item? If so, I might be in trouble!

Stan

Sure, it’s sunjective. I have collected ABC sets 500-505, and ended up with a few Gillette sets too. A couple of the ABC pocket editions were incomplete: mismatched blade bank, wrong handle, or damaged comb.
But I am a collector. I have a handful of collections and antiques in the office and my home. So “need” is subjective in the sense that I’d like to finish what I began.
So, I’m not whining, more deliberating on how to best move forward.

Hi,

If the women don't find you handsome, at least they'll find you handy!

Does posting Red Green mean duct tape is now a sabbatical item? If so, I might be in trouble!

Stan
LOL. Visions of him make-shifting shaving gear came to mind. The horrors! Appropriate for this thread if anyone breaks somethings :) (Yeah, I know about the exception)

Oh I totally understand Rev. I didn’t mean it in any underhand way.
As you say it’s subjective.
I was just poking fun, as in, do any of us really “need” any of this stuff?
That’s why we’re doing this after all.

I didn’t take it as a poke at all. Need and want were words that I typed and deleted and typed and deleted.
We all fit into different shaving profiles. Even our buying patterns fit in different profiles(Users, Seekers, Collectors, Hobbyists, Amateur “Flippers”, and Professional “Flippers”).
Whether disciplined, compulsive, or somewhere in between, the Sabbatical can serve anyone and everyone. Not completing the sabbatical can be seen as a success in that it might offer insight. Likewise, completing the sabbatical could be problematic if it steals the joy. So, like this post, it was just a case of thinking out loud.

See, I don't think we "need" any of it. Unless you are in a line of work where it will help you keep your job or save your life, we could all go about the world being beardies... I'm as bad as the rest of us, so that's just a philosophical position. I shave because I think it is helpful to my customer-facing role, but there is vanity and enjoyment involved as well. I don't need to shave and I don't need to have a few hundred bucks worth of shaving equipment, I chose to do so :).

Whether disciplined, compulsive, or somewhere in between, the Sabbatical can serve anyone and everyone. Not completing the sabbatical can be seen as a success in that it might offer insight. Likewise, completing the sabbatical could be problematic if it steals the joy. So, like this post, it was just a case of thinking out loud.

Well said Rev!

See, I don't think we "need" any of it. Unless you are in a line of work where it will help you keep your job or save your life, we could all go about the world being beardies... I'm as bad as the rest of us, so that's just a philosophical position. I shave because I think it is helpful to my customer-facing role, but there is vanity and enjoyment involved as well. I don't need to shave and I don't need to have a few hundred bucks worth of shaving equipment, I chose to do so :).

Hi,

Have to be clean shaven or the Scott Pak mask doesn't seal properly. Then, not only are you in trouble, but the person you were trying to go get is in worse trouble than they already were.....

Stan

Hi,

Have to be clean shaven or the Scott Pak mask doesn't seal properly. Then, not only are you in trouble, but the person you were trying to go get is in worse trouble than they already were.....

Stan
Stan, that's exactly what I meant! Firefighters and other lines of work where gas masks are needed. I just sell stuff, so my shave does not save lives. At best it saves my livelihood :).

Fedoras off to my fellow sabbatical participants! I posted a trade request on B/S/T and had two sabbatical-ites contact me withing 24 hours and a trade was made. I really appreciate people's willingness here to help each other out and think it's really cool.

Speaking of rules, @Rudy Vey is working on a special brush, unlike any he has made. And per the B&B Group Buy rule,
Group exceptions:

ALL Badger and Blade branded items including B&B Group Buys
We are eligible. The only teaser for right now is that it will have a knot under 20mm and one-third of the materials have been found. However, it is possible you might want "1 more thing" to complete it.
Expect more information in mid-to late February...unless it comes earlier.

Speaking of rules, @Rudy Vey is working on a special brush, unlike any he has made. And per the B&B Group Buy rule,

We are eligible. The only teaser for right now is that it will have a knot under 20mm and one-third of the materials have been found. However, it is possible you might want "1 more thing" to complete it.
Expect more information in mid-to late February...unless it comes earlier.
<Crosses fingers it is a mixed, boar, or horse>
<And likes the design>

Bought PdP No. 63 Hair and Body wash today. Wanted to check out the aroma since I like the performance of PdP.

<Crosses fingers it is a mixed, boar, or horse>
<And likes the design>

Bought PdP No. 63 Hair and Body wash today. Wanted to check out the aroma since I like the performance of PdP.
PdP 63 is one of my favorite scents. The bath soap is no exception.

Top Bottom