What's new

2019 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Maltese Falcon Razor

1571561685153.png

Luckily, I'm no longer tempted by the new Gillette razor. I don't want a razor rotation.

Looks like Gillette is getting back into the safety razor business.

I think it's funny that they note it will work with "any brand of double edge blade". The whole point of all the holes and slot in DE blades was because KCG patented the shape of the slot in order to freeze out other blade makers.

That noted, I may at some point give it a try. I've got a tech and a blue tip, but I'm primarily a straight razor user.

Hi,

Everybody and their brother patented blade alignment holes. This is why blades look like they do. As the patents expired, each scheme was added. Sheesh!

Stan

still out, but really enjoy the noir write ups of participants departures. I too have seen the new Gillette DE and I think their target is not the people who frequent this site, but rather those still shaving with disposables who might want to try something like traditional shaving and were just waiting for a name they knew to do something. I've got that razor head already and I've got a common bar handled NEW, I could put a frankenrazor together and not spend the $35 they are asking for.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
still out, but really enjoy the noir write ups of participants departures. I too have seen the new Gillette DE and I think their target is not the people who frequent this site, but rather those still shaving with disposables who might want to try something like traditional shaving and were just waiting for a name they knew to do something. I've got that razor head already and I've got a common bar handled NEW, I could put a frankenrazor together and not spend the $35 they are asking for.
Please tell us how it shaves

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I think the new razor will be a "superior product." These are buzzwords P&G is currently using to describe their products during conference calls.

$35 is right about what I'd expect to pay for a new Slim if it were made today. Roughly one hour of industrial wage, just like it was in 1964.

I'm in no danger of going out and my desire for this will not tempt me to go out but I'd be interested in a trade for some Proraso red/sandalwood aftershave if anyone would be interested in a trade. PM me.

As we near the end of the month of October, I am still very much in. The final three trips of the year (packing for shaving is SUCH A PAIN with only a carry on, foolish TSA) are all coming up in November. Boston, Atlanta, and Paris. I will admit, it will be tough to buy nothing in Paris...

Top Bottom