What's new

2019 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Maltese Falcon Razor

upload_2019-4-18_4-19-26.png

Hi,

Used to be every grocery and drug store carried SE and DE shaving products. Then, they started disappearing from the grocery stores in the early 80s. Then, they disappeared from the drug stores. By 1990 blades came only from surgical stores and soap you were on your own. The carts and cans had won.

Looks like deja vu all over again....

Stan - Still In

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I would like to float a general question.

I am strongly considering trying to go in for two years in a row. My only hesitation is that there are several products I would like to buy one of, test them all for a bit, and then but in bulk the one that works best.

I am not sure the restock window is enough time to do this.

Have we ever considered the possibility of extending the window by an additional week for next year's sabatical?

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I just knocked off a tub of Proraso today. It went for 3 1/2 months. Not bad.

That seems very quick. I have been using my tub of green for a long time (three months in the SOTMC), plus many weeks. I still have a large doughnut left.

Maybe mine has dried more over the years.

That seems very quick. I have been using my tub of green for a long time (three months in the SOTMC), plus many weeks. I still have a large doughnut left.

Maybe mine has dried more over the years.
I have probably overdone it with the lather at times, but still not too bad. I’ve averaged 1.5 grams per day and that covered me for two passes and then some.

I was browsing sale items over at Smallflower when the smell of pyramid patchouli hit me like the hot kiss at the end of a wet fist. I came to and noticed my cart was empty and my wife Liesl (whom everyone knows as Nancy) was cackling away in the aviary, stunting trees.

It appears I'm still in.

Still in. I killed off a sample of Stirling Executive Man. I really liked the scent and performance. If I wasn't on sabbatical, I'd buy a full tub. That's two kills now.

I received a goody box that had a PIF of a Graydog brush and soap samples. Lots to choose from! It's been really fun to participate in it and the generosity of others around here is wonderful. I haven't bought a new soap since 2017 sometime.

I am strongly considering trying to go in for two years in a row. My only hesitation is that there are several products I would like to buy one of, test them all for a bit, and then but in bulk the one that works best.

Have we ever considered the possibility of extending the window by an additional week for next year's sabatical?

Thanks!

Without knowing exactly what you're considering trying and buying... let's assume it's soap. A puck could last anywhere from 3 to 4 months. You could pick 3 or 4 items you feel fairly certain to like, and choose another as your exception for the year. If you find one that doesn't agree with you, you can always offer it as a trade for something else on your list.

A lot can happen in the next 8 months. Some of the items you're considering may show up FSOT on B-S-T. Someone could offer a PIF. You never know what fortunes may come your way. You might even run across some information that may steer you in one direction or another.

You could even (be careful with this one) visit a brick and mortar shop to get a better feel for the products to help narrow your selection.

I wish you the best of luck with your quest.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
In addition the the Chubby 2 synth, the Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime soap, four CBL soaps, aand a Lisa's Natural soap (plus a Mystic Water sample), the mailman brought this yesterday.... :whistling:
upload_2019-4-19_8-20-3.png

Thanks!

Perhaps members who have items like those could start a travelling pif box for trying out new soap, creams etc.

Perhaps members who have items like those could start a travelling pif box for trying out new soap, creams etc.
I think a PIF box for folks in the sabbatical looking to try to stuff out is a wonderful idea! I got a PIF from @bobmsp of OSP Shogun cream and it's been great :). He's an awesome guy. I figure that something like that could help folks who get done in by a need for novelty in their routine.

Top Bottom