What's new

2018 Shave Purchase Sabbatical , Snoopy versus The Red Baron

Nineteen days left...nineteen more days to lure Darth KevDogg to the dark side :)

KevDogg, I hear that Parker is discontinuing production of blades, better pick some up soon! :001_smile

I'm about 90% sure I'm not going to do the 2019 sabbatical because I don't want to purchase the things I think I'll need during the restock window (Feather Pro blades, travel Barbasol, Clubman Pinaud, and I want either a Rockwell 6S or Game Changer (or maybe a baby smooth--I haven't done research this year on opinions). So now I'm thinking I may join the enablers group in 2019...

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Indeed, we're sitting at just over 40% remaining in with just over a fortnight (no, not the game LOL) to go.

I failed twice before. Is 40% about normal or is it high?

This is the longest I have been in for the yearly GRU.

I did not enter the 2017 Zombie version.
In 2016 The Year of the Looney Tunes I went out on December 6th for a Wilkinson SE boxed set.
In 2015 The Year of Shenanigans I went out on March 27th for a lather catcher and an early war Tech.

I had an exception in those years, perhaps that was my downfall, should stick to "no exception"

Wow, I am still in and there are just two more weeks to go! I am pretty confident to make it through successfully this time. I only had a few kills, far less than I would have expected from a full year, so I will join the 2019 sabbatical as well.

I surprisingly had a temptation to go out last night. I was looking at the new Mamba 70 razor from Italian Barber and it popped up as in stock. I put it in my cart, then walked away figuring there will be plenty of opportunities to buy next year when I'm not on sabbatical. New, sale, and rare items seem to be all over the place right now--must stay strong through the final assault of the Red Baron!

I surprisingly had a temptation to go out last night. I was looking at the new Mamba 70 razor from Italian Barber and it popped up as in stock. I put it in my cart, then walked away figuring there will be plenty of opportunities to buy next year when I'm not on sabbatical. New, sale, and rare items seem to be all over the place right now--must stay strong through the final assault of the Red Baron!

You can pick it up during the restock window; and join the restraint team for the Maltese Falcon Razor.
... or, you can pick it up now and go out in a blaze of glory. The wind in your hair, pilot scarf billowing in the wind behind you as the plane spirals down.

Took it over a 6 weeks to arrive, but the brush that took me out has finally shown up to pair up with my other Mistura from Semogue. So looking forward to using it.
20181216_115433.jpg

Uh oh, when Pepin starts penning your obituary you are as good as dead!
Despite how much I’ve enjoyed the obituaries, Pepin can save his effort. I was hit by enemy fire but made it home with holes in my plane and the engine smoking but still alive despite the close call—so now I fully intend to lay low for the final two weeks. No more clicking links or researching future wants until next year.

Top Bottom