What's new

2017 - Year of the Cream

I found it just above-average. Good slickness and post shave feel, but the cushion was just so-so. I was ready to put the AoS away. Not happening.
I like the slickness, but the puck doesn't last long. Blasphemy from someone with ~200 soaps, but I got < 20 uses out of my last puck. Nice scents, good price (offsets longevity). It's definitely worth a try. Not sure if others found this, but it doesn't lather up like other soaps / creams. Stays more of a slick wet paste for me

I have been using Simpson Lavender & Vetiver as of late and must say it is a very good cream. I have been enjoying my shaves very much.

I am visiting family in NJ. So I took a break to skip out to one of the nearby shopping malls. I was able to avoid picking up watches I can't afford and shoes I don't need, but I failed getting out of the AoS store without picking up some more of their cream. I now have a tub of the ocean kelp, which I'll try tomorrow morning.

One shave each on a Coates Sandalwood and a Stone Cottage Hesperides.
Lather is definitely better on first, but scent is a stone cold winner on the latter.

Will try to dial these in over next couple of weeks

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This right here is the difference between AoS and everyone else. No phone required for AoS. I've yet to use too much or too little water to make near perfect lather. Every time.
Considering the lather I got with Coates this morning - it may be similar. Perfection with a Plisson synth and a snurdle.

I finished the tube of Trumper Violet today. I got consistently good shaves--good, not great-- and enjoyed the scent, but it wasn't the way I remembered it from the last time I used it in 2010. I'm moving on to my last tube of Old Spice cream now.

This right here is the difference between AoS and everyone else. No phone required for AoS. I've yet to use too much or too little water to make near perfect lather. Every time.

Do you know how hard I've worked to finish up all of the creams in my den? YOU'RE NOT HELPING!

:biggrin:

Do you know how hard I've worked to finish up all of the creams in my den? YOU'RE NOT HELPING!

:biggrin:
Sorry, Bob. I hate to sound like a fanboy, but the stuff knocks my socks off every morning. Today it was the ocean kelp. Very similar fragrance to the lemon, just a bit more "aquatic." Superior performance during the shave, and unmatched post-shave feel. May I send you some samples?

I only wish fanboys sounded so measured and reasonable.

No need to send me samples, though I appreciate the offer. I have a feeling that I'll pick up a tube the next time I'm in the neighborhood of one of the shops.

Ocean Kelp was my first experience with AoS creams. A friend sent me some of the cream along with pre-shave gel and aftershave lotion, and I was highly impressed.

First shave with Coates Lavender today. It was very nice. The scent was ok, but the lather was very easy to make and provided great protection.

Thanks Bob.

I like their lavender. It's not the pure lavender punch in the face like castle Forbes, but it compares favorably to three T's.

How do you describe the ocean kelp scent? I see the name and think "rotting seaweed on the beach." Is it cologne-like?

How do you describe the ocean kelp scent? I see the name and think "rotting seaweed on the beach." Is it cologne-like?
It is a very light, fresh scent that seems a bit citrousy and "aquatic," whatever that means. It is not at all like rotting seaweed, and it is much lighter and fresher than most colognes. I plan to use it again tomorrow, so I'll report back accordingly.

Hey everyone, thanks for a great thread, it's been a good read.

I fell out of wetshaving after some personal tragedy a few years ago and have gradually been getting back into the swing of things.

I dove back into the spoils of my prior acquisition disorders and have narrowed down a solid group of creams that I'd like to focus on for the rest of the year. Most of them fit well with warm weather which works great as I'm in the southeastern US.

Hopefully you don't mind if I play along and share the occasional review as I get to know these great creams and their lathers once again.

proxy.php

One clarification; the QCS tub literally says cream on the lid but it's honestly more of a croap consistency. Is that still allowed in a year of creams?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hey .soap., welcome aboard. Sorry to hear of your tragedy.

If QCS says it's a cream in the label, it's a cream! And also sadly unobtainium.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom