What's new

2017 - Year of the Cream

I had forgotten how much fun it is to mix up the lathering choices from day to day. Coate's Tea Tree is outstanding. Old Spice is a fair performer with great scent, and I do love that Trumper Violet.

Still not shaving with great frequency but after another week of inertia with TOBS Grapefruit I went instead with KMF Cool Mint.
It's good so long as you don't work it too much. In fact it's quite great if you like an easy viscous lather. The cooling is quite good too and the post shave feel is fine too.
Yesterday was GFT Eucris and it was marvelous. :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I picked up a tube of AoS sandalwood. First shave I thought someone swapped it out for unscented. Great performance, but zero fragrance. Second shave was only marginally more fragrant. Again, great performance, but I'd have to call this a disappointment, given my love for the lemon and the oud.

I've never used the AOS cream. I was passing by one of their stores in Union Station in DC and almost stopped in to pick up a tub of Peppermint. Fortunately I remembered that I have ten years worth of soaps, and kept walking.

Every time that I use Coate's, I get a little sad that this great product is no longer produced. The lathers are great, the scents are great, and I get a great shave every time. Why did this have to happen?
I am not sure if there is an original version of the Coate's creams and a more recent version prior to its demise, but there is a seller in TX who appears to have boxes of the stuff. I just brought a selection of all scents and after trying each out, i agree that its a very solid cream by today's standards.

Been alternating TOBS Grapefruit, KMF Cool Mint and GFT Eucris this past couple weeks.

KMF definitely benefits from less water and working. TOBS benefits from loading more product and Eucris is easy with a large sweet spot. Whether it's worth so much more per oz than KMF is debatable.

Which flavors did you get?

I'm happily rotating through the Old Spice, Trumper Violet and Coate's Tea Tree. I'm down to about a quarter tube of the Trumper, and think I'll just plow through and finish it.

Tea Tree, Lavender, Lime and Sandalwood.

I've had almonds that don't agree with me (and son is highly allergic) and I can't abide rose scents, even on roses.

My Stone Cottage cream sampler arrived today. Interesting fragrances, for sure. Lots of folks have been saying lots of nice stuff about this cream. I'll find out tomorrow.

I'll be broke by end of week.
I see that iMarkow feller trying to get me to buy SCS after he made me buy AoS and I'm about to crack. Again.

I'll send you a couple of samples after I try a couple more, if you like. But I'm unimpressed, so far. Have you tried the AoS?
Too late, I already cracked just now.
I managed to hide the AoS purchase from my spouse and in turn, managed to hide it from myself. It'll show up eventually :)

What didn't you like about the SCS? I only ever heard good things before now.

Top Bottom