What's new

2017 - Year of the Cream

I had a downright gorgeous Speick lather today and decided to try my injector again. This time I opened the PAL adjustable up to full throttle in hopes that the extra blade feel might help me learn the proper angle more quickly.

The result was definitely fine for work but far from my normal desired smoothness. Back to the SE drawing board... I'd like to make this work as I have a Oneblade Core inbound and may be getting a Razorock Hawk for father's day [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I wanted to try the Ingrams @.soap recommended, this time without the pink highlights. It was a good lather, with good cushion and slickeriness. Post shave feel is very good, which has been assisted by the Fine's Clean Vetiver AS, which I paired with some straight oud oil. I don't think Ingrams was "meant" to be the start of a shave that ends in oud, but it worked for me. I'll keep the cream around, at least for the summer.

Thanks for the recommendation.

DRH Eucris today.

I love the scent and the lather is good, but I don't really think any better than more cost effective TOBS.

Finished the first tube of Tea Tree today. The final cream in the collection is on the clock starting tomorrow.

Can I stick around this thread with my soft soaps?

Finished the first tube of Tea Tree today. The final cream in the collection is on the clock starting tomorrow.

Can I stick around this thread with my soft soaps?
We're counting on it! What croaps / soft soaps are on deck?

Cella
St. Charles Shave Refined
Mystic Waters Brown Windsor
Mystic Waters Tea Tree and Blue Gum
Some Vito's samples
The Gentleman's Quarter Oak and Moss (and a few TGQ samples)
MdC Fougère
and a few others

Enjoyed a nice Father's day shave with AOS ocean kelp tonight. It's a dead scent ringer for 4711 to my sniffer.

P&G takes a lot of flak for their prices, but AOS creams are a true luxury. I really enjoy the ocean kelp and sandalwood. I know I'll be stopping in the AOS store next time we're at downtown Disney to check out their other newer scents.

Sidenote: first shave with the RR silver hawk and I loved it! The artist club blades are glassy smooth which complemented the considerable slip of the AOS cream.
proxy.php

Past couple of days with a European Palmolive Referescante.
Lot of menthol, easy lather, slick enough, but leaves skin a bit too dry.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Coates Lavender this morning.

Great lather, but my skin feel slightly off, like a mild reaction to it. Will try for n=2 in a couple days as it might just be this tropical rainforest weather.

I also have no problem shelling out for their products.
I balk at their hardware prices, and look for cheaper options. The one AoS razor I own I picked up more cheaply on eBay. It's a TI re-brand and is a beautiful straight, imo:
fullsizeoutput_34.jpeg
The creams are top notch, and the balms are nearly so, imo. I'm not big on their colognes, though having only tried a few samples.

Oh, and I agree with @.soap. , the ocean kelp is a great match with 4711, which I then topped with Grey Flannel. Nice shave.

AOS is not competing in the 'bang for your buck' category, and I also have no problem shelling out for their products. Every one that I've used has been excellent.

I hadn't connected the two, so I'll try this combo shortly. Thanks for the suggestion.

I don't mind the high price for AoS creams. Worth every penny.

Totally agree on the price. I personally wouldn't choose it for my daily driver but it sure is nice for a treat.

Has anybody tried their new Oud scent?

I would try the Oud if I knew how to pronounce it. I have never personally purchased any AOS hardware, and couldn't see myself ever doing it.

I know I'm planning to go all soft soap once this last tube of cream is finished, but I'm really tempted to break out one of the AOS Lavender soaps (tallow), what with all of this AOS talk.

I have the oud cream, but haven't tried any AoS soaps. I'll have to get off this cream kick for that to happen.

I pronounce "oud" like "food" without the f. I don't think the oud cream smells anything like any of the ouds I have tried (fyi, I love oud oil). It's more of a clean, fresh, young spring wood fragrance, perhaps with some sandalwood hidden in there. But a different sandal than the one they use for their sandalwood cream. It performs like the other fragrances, imo.

Top Bottom