What's new

2017 - Year of the Cream

I went with Ingram Lather Shave Cream early this morning. Plenty of protection and menthol! The chill just kept building throughout the 3 pass shave and right through the final cold rinse. Wow! That woke me up so much, it took me an extra hour to get to sleep this morning! On top of everything else, it was "cheap as chips!"

I went with Ingram Lather Shave Cream early this morning. Plenty of protection and menthol! The chill just kept building throughout the 3 pass shave and right through the final cold rinse. Wow! That woke me up so much, it took me an extra hour to get to sleep this morning! On top of everything else, it was "cheap as chips!"
Great cream and the price is right. Have you tried following it up with a frigid splash as well?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Great cream and the price is right. Have you tried following it up with a frigid splash as well?

I didn't this time, but the thought did cross my mind that is something I should try sometime in the near future!

I can't recall the last time I used Speik. After this morning's shave, that's not happening again. I was going to use the AoS sandalwood to fit with the rest of the software, but called a sink audible and dug out the Speik from the vanity. WOW. I used a bit more than I used to. WOW The lather made a huge sucking sound when I tried to lift the brush from the scuttle. WOW Then the lather wouldn't let go of the brush; oozing from it (literally) like honey from a dripper. WOW Incredible density, cushion, slickeriness, post shave feel, etc. As good as AoS or CF; and I'm almost willing to question if it isn't a bit better. Not gonna see the inside of the vanity again.

Did I say, "WOW"?

I can't recall the last time I used Speik. After this morning's shave, that's not happening again. I was going to use the AoS sandalwood to fit with the rest of the software, but called a sink audible and dug out the Speik from the vanity. WOW. I used a bit more than I used to. WOW The lather made a huge sucking sound when I tried to lift the brush from the scuttle. WOW Then the lather wouldn't let go of the brush; oozing from it (literally) like honey from a dripper. WOW Incredible density, cushion, slickeriness, post shave feel, etc. As good as AoS or CF; and I'm almost willing to question if it isn't a bit better. Not gonna see the inside of the vanity again.

Did I say, "WOW"?
And that scent too. The cream, stick, and splash are all top of the line. Thanks for sharing.

I've been using creams for the last couple months. Proraso Blue and a couple different TOBS samples (Sandalwood, Coconut, and Almond). Proraso is good, but I think TOBS will become my mainstay, especially the Almond. It seems to work just a bit better.

I just did another shave with the MW Brown Windsor. This time, I gave it the full Marco treatment and was rewarded with an excellent lather. The post shave feel from this soap is a Yuuuuuge step up over the creams I've been using.

I may throw in a MW Bay Rum tomorrow. Just to remember what I'm missing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

QCS Tangerine today. In my opinion, one of the best pure "hit you in the face" citrus scents money could buy.

As a side note, this cream is far less croapy than my other QCS tubs, acting more like a tub of AOS. I prefer to load QCS like a croap so I smoothed it out with a tool meant for scraping cast iron. All is well with the world now.

As a second side note, I'm awaiting a few deliveries that I'm eager to test, but after that, it's back to the 3017 life for me. The variety has been a fun way to return to the hobby and rediscover so many of my favorite things, but it's also tiring. After giving my new products a test run, this QCS tangerine will definitely be my first 3917 candidate.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Returned to the AoS ocean kelp this morning after a couple of Speick shaves. The AoS also does that honey dripper trick, fyi. Super shave with my favorite razor (re-marketed "Bangall"), finished with Tabac AS and EdP. Super way to start the day!

Back to the Coate's Tea Tree this morning. It really is excellent, but is not in the same league as the best soaps I use as far as slick+cushion+postshave feel.

Because of Bob's bad influence I used Mystic Water Bay Rum.

Scent is still best in shaving
Lather was superb
Post shave feel is just perfect, no AS or ASB required.

Was the lather better than CF, AoS? Not sure, they're all in the ballpark.
Was it better than TOBS, DRH, GFT? Scent was better, post shave better, shaving was in same ballpark.

Quick conclusion - Creams are easier (but only by a minute swirling) but a good MW lather is really difficult to better.

Back to creams tomorrow. Will use AoS while MW is fresh in mind.

I removed the lid from the CF lavender before I headed out for a run this morning. When I got back a lavender heaven had engulfed my bathroom. A fragrance anomaly in there, no doubt . . . .

This is my only lavender cream or soap. I've been tempted to try others, but this one alone will like last years, given my inability to focus on any one particular anything . . . .

Coate's Tea Tree and all of the rest of my creams are now finished. I had a great final shave with the Coate's this morning on a 2-day growth of beard and walked out with a BBS shave. On to the soft soaps now, with Mystic Waters Brown Windsor first in the queue.

Mystic Waters is working well with the full Marco, but it's a bit of a mess, so I'm going to tone down the water tomorrow. Postshave feel is positively outstanding with this soap.

If I ever kick this cream bender I'm on, I'll have to try MW and L&L soaps. I keep reading great things.

. . . I am weak.

It's very warm here in the Republic this morning, about 67* on my morning run. Neighbors near the end of the run have wild roses growing in the hedge. The roses were in full bloom in the warm morning sun, filling the surrounds with their incredibly lovely fragrance.

Simpson's V&R, shortly.

Top Bottom