What's new

2014 Gentelmanly Restraint Until Fall (GRU-Fall)

There are a lot of great restrainers in this bunch! Fantastic job to all of you :thumbup1: If any of you want to tack on a few more weeks to this restraint, you should head over to the GRU-MoRo(October) thread and check it out. Sign up now and get yourself entered into the runnings for an instant SE travel kit!

Out of those that are still left, who has been that close to failing out?

I was on cruise control through most of this restraint. Then work got insane, i got weak, I browsed eBay and saw a Rooney Finest 1/2 in Black. oMg....but I said, no, I owe it to my fellow brothers at B&B to walk away. So I closed my browser and never looked back. Well no. Actually I watched this listing like a hawk, bid like a mad man and was beaten in the last 5 seconds by 1.50. I wanted this brush so bad to fill the void left by my shedding Rooney Stubby 2s. But alas, I am still here, barely.

Last edited:

I was on cruise control through most of this restraint. Then work got insane, i got weak, I browsed eBay and saw a Rooney Finest 1/2 in Black. oMg....but I said, no, I owe it to my fellow brothers at B&B to walk away. So I closed my browser and never looked back. Well no. Actually I watched this listing like a hawk, bid like a mad man and was beaten in the last 5 seconds by 1.50. I wanted this brush so bad to fill the void left by my shedding Rooney Stubby 2s. But alas, I am still here, barely.
I may have placed a couple bids and offers but none win or were accepted

#22 still in SOTD didn't change as I'm out of state

Out of those that are still left, who has been that close to failing out?.

In the last two or three weeks I can feel the SBAD beginning to flare up and I've cruised the usual sites looking at brushes. I haven't put anything in the cart yet, but it's been a bit difficult not to. I've got a birthday coming up in a couple of weeks. I can make it.

One good thing is the B/S/T has been taken off Tapatalk. I use the site and Tapatalk so it takes part of my access away, but better than having full access 24/7

#10 still in. Fruit/Tobacco Week SOTD:

Gillette Slim
Israeli Personna (2)
Whipped Dog Synthetic
Trumpers Coconut Cream
CC Cat O' Nine Tails

Today, I learned that the WD Synthetic really does hold a lot of water and if you don't shake it out and you put it down on that inner edge of the sink counter that's a little bit lower than the rest of the counter (and apparently slightly angled down towards the sink), your brush is going to slide right into a sink full of soapy, whiskery water.

Also, the Cat O' Nine Tails made my face completely red today. I've used it several times before and it has not done that. It went away after a few minutes (the redness, not my face), but that was a bit disturbing.

I must say that my temptations have actually waned a bit. I have been making a restock list for next week, since I plan on participating in GRU-C, but I think that it is a pretty reasonable list.

#31 still in

SOTD

1959 Gillette Super Speed
Voskhod, new
Strong Set Best Badger
Stirling Glacial-Spearmint
Osage Rub

A menthol day today.

I had added stuff to my cart on Stirling soaps , then closed the browser. That's the closest I have been to falling out. I am over that bout though and should be in until the end without much problems.

#7 Still In Fruit/Tobacco week SOTD:

EJ DE89
Feather (2)
Tweezerman Badger Brush
AoS Lemon cream
Witch Hazel / Nivea post shave balm

Hi,

I had a pile of of temptation. I Was working away from the home area the past two weeks. Was taken to an old factory which is now a bunch of antique shops. Many razors here and there. Nothing truly rare, though, or I would be Way Out.

Stan - Still In

#9 still in. If all shaves were this easy and nice I might make this a habit!

Prep: none but a splash of warm water
Lather: @sliceoflife hobbyist made lavender soap
Brush: Vie-Long 13061M horsehair brush
Razor: Gillette New SC
Blade: Treet DuraSharp carbon (4)

Top Bottom