What's new

2014 Gentelmanly Restraint Until Fall (GRU-Fall)

#10 SOTD:

P.E. Budetti Lancia
Rudy Vey TGN Two-Band Finest
Panna Crema Nostalgia
Ogallala Bay Rum AS

Panna Crema is probably one of my favorite soaps. Been looking forward to using it again.

I'm coming to the realization that the relaxing weekend shave is not a reality in my house. With a wife, three kids, and a dog, I get much more peace and quiet when I wake up at 5:00 a.m. to start getting ready for work.

BTW, if anyone is interested in trying out some samples of Stirling body soap, head on over to the Soap, Body, and Hair Care Forum. I'm running my first PIF and will be giving away 4 small samples of Stirling body soap.

$KIMG0100.jpg
#9 still in. My face just agrees with the Gillette New SC and the Vie-Long 13061M brush. They work every time.

#10 Fruit/Tobacco Week (Take 2) SOTD:

Gillette Slim
Gillette 7:00 Yellow (4)
Omega 49
Trumpers Lime
Ogallala Limes and Peppercorns

This cream makes a really great lather and it smells great!

#7 still in Fruit/Tobacco/ SOTD

EJ DE89
Feather Blade
Omega Boar Brush
HTGAM Synergy Coconut Bay w/Lime
Witch Hazel / Barbasol Brisk

Haven't had any problems with HTGAM soaps since I first got them. It's been smooth sailing since, automatic lather..just a great soap. I haven't had a chance (because of these restraints ha!) to try their new 2.0 version, but everyone says they are even better than the 1.0 which I love.

#11 Hellboy Still In.

Sorry I haven't been very active on this thread, busy times at work with the re-start of term and a few lifestyle changes to deal with. Been shaving mainly late at night and skipping the odd day. Once my new routine is settled I'll be able to plan the shaves better. However I still haven't broken and am all set to finish strong.

Well done to everyone who's made it this far, lets stick it out and not fall at the last hurdle.

#12 still out. I'm about to re hone my colonial improved eagle 7/8. Hopefully I'll be enjoying a shave with that and some tabac here in an hour or so.

#10 still in. Fruit/Tobacco Week SOTD:

P.E. Budetti Lancia
Rudy Vey TGN Two-Band Finest
QCS Iced Key Lime
Osma Alum Block
Osage Rub

It's wasl 80+ degrees at 7:00 in the morning here in South Florida, so I can still justify using this combination today. Was up late watching my survivor league chances go down the toilet in week 2, so I was kind of sleep walking through my shave this morning, which is definitely not a good idea!

#31 still in

SOTD

1959 Gillette Super Speed
Voskhod, (1)
TIKI BAR the Captain
Finest Badger #2 with Green Bubblegum Machine handle from ShaverJoe
Old Spice

This is the final week gentlemen. We can make it.

#7 still in Fruit/Tobacco week SOTD:

EJ DE89
Feather Blade (5)
Tweezerman Badger Brush
Art of Shaving Lemon cream
Aqua Velva Ice Blue

AoS Lemon is probably my favorite scent. The performance is top notch too..slick, protective cream that seems to need less used than most other creams from my experience (haven't used Castle Forbes)

#9 still in.

Gillette New
Treet Dura Sharp Carbon
hobbyist made soap
Vie-Long 13061M horsehair
Old Spice

First run with a Treet blade from a sampler pack purchased back in April.

#21 still in

Muhle R41 + Weber Bulldog
Persona Lab Blue (2)
Thater 4376/4
Mystic Water Irish Traveller
La Toja Manantiales ASB

#19 back from vacation - I started off Tobacco/Fruit Week yesterday with Tabac soap and splash; the results were near perfect, as always with Tabac.

Tonight's SOTD:

RazoRock Stealth Slant (aluminum)
Gillette Wilkinson Sword (3)
New Forest 2401 Briar HM2B
KnocOut Shave 'Citrus of Paradise'
RazoRock Alum
RazoRock Freedberg Splash

KO Shave is a fantastic stiff cream - one that gets little mention around here. Though a little pricey, it is a great shave.

Tomorrow I'm thinking PPF Briar will get the nod.

#28 still in. Late afternoon SOTD:

Panna Crema Namste
B&B Essential Boar
ATT Atlas M2
Astra SP (3)
No aftershave today

First time with Panna Crema. Easy thick, slick lather. Good soap. ATT M2 + Astra SP = smooth!
One week to go fellas! Hang in there!

#33 Still in!

Happy Fat Tuesday!

Proraso Preshave
Simpson Commodore X3
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Osage Rub
Floid Vigaroso

#9 Still in.

Warm wash with Stirling bath soap
hobbyist @sliceoflife's lavender soap