What's new

$150 Budget suggestions

Okay. I am down to two options.

1) Shavemac two band silver tip custom in 24/50 fan shape.

2) Chubby 2 in super. Really leaning away from Simpsons as I have heard mixed reviews from people on quality, especially shedding. Finding loose hairs in your lather blows.

As you can see my "budget" is up to $175 now haha.

Looked at the zeniths pretty hard. I like them a lot.

As far as budget offerings, I have my 4-5 soaps that I like, my three razors, and homemade aftershave serum. No need for other stuff.

This brush is meant to end my SBAD. We will see.

Thanks everybody for the input. Will be ordering the shavemac tomorrow I think.

Okay. I am down to two options.

1) Shavemac two band silver tip custom in 24/50 fan shape.

2) Chubby 2 in super. Really leaning away from Simpsons as I have heard mixed reviews from people on quality, especially shedding. Finding loose hairs in your lather blows.

As you can see my "budget" is up to $175 now haha.

Looked at the zeniths pretty hard. I like them a lot.

As far as budget offerings, I have my 4-5 soaps that I like, my three razors, and homemade aftershave serum. No need for other stuff.

This brush is meant to end my SBAD. We will see.

Thanks everybody for the input. Will be ordering the shavemac tomorrow I think.
I have a silvertip Shavemac and it isn’t as dense or have the backbone of most of my Simpsons. It is an excellent brush but I do like the Simpsons better.

I have 16 Simpsons and none of them shed. They are all less than 4 years old though, so maybe shedding was a problem with older brushes? I have everything from Manchurian to Pure and synth.

Thater is another good option. Very similar to ShaveMac (ShaveMac used to make Thater handles). Both are German.

Screenshot_20210311-161338~2.png

Order has been placed. Thank you all. Looking forward to trying the "bee's knees"

Congrats! Shavemac 2 band Silvertip is an excellent choice!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Well done. My suggestion was to look at Billy goat shaving brushes from Australia for something a little different.

I have your same brush only with the #386 handle and 26/50mm. I asked Bernd for his suggestion on the loft for face lathering and this is what he came back with. I wanted the 2 band for good flow through and good backbone as opposed to the DO1 (flow through concerns) or DO1 2 band (too much backbone). I hope you are as happy with your new brush as I am. The color is killer.

Top Bottom