What's new

1000th (and some-odd) Post PIF!

B&B has been a tremendous wealth of knowledge and inspiration for me over the years as it has for thousands of others. Within the first couple months of joining, I won a huge, expensive PIF from the most generous _MementoMori_. That gave me a great head start and made it possible for me to give traditional wetshaving a fair try and allowed me to try a HUGE variety of different products through the BST that I wouldn't have gotten to try otherwise. B&B is the greatest forum on the internets and the gentlemanly, gracioius, and gentlemanly folks here make it that way.

I finally got together enough stuff to make a respectable PIF. I know a PIF is a great way to celebrate 1000 posts, but I missed it by a few posts. So this is going to be a 1000th and some-odd posts celebration.

Here are the goods:
proxy.php

Antiga Barbearia de Bairro - Boar shaving brush, made by Semogue
New Palmolive Shave Stick
Stirling AS Sample - Vetiver
New Old Spice AS
New Dorco All-Plastic DE Razor (fun to play with?)
User-Grade Tech
New Stirling Sharp Dressed Man Sample
C.O. Bigelow Shaving Cream - Better than half the big tube.
VDH Shaving Soap
Small Sampling of blades - 5 Derbys, 5 Dorcos, 2 Personna Meds, 5 Astra SPs, 5 Bluebirds

As I am also celebrating the soon birth of my son, we will make this somewhat of a contest. He will arrive in about a month and, of course, we have a name picked out. It is a Biblical name, Old Testament, and it is one-syllable. If nobody guesses in the first couple days, I will drop another hint. This is just for fun as I will pick a winner using Random.org.

This PIF is open to all CONUS members and I will keep it open until Friday, March 7th at noon (EST). To enter, please post, "B&B is Awesome!" along with your guess for what we are naming our little boy.

***The name has been guessed! (Sure didn't take long.) His name will be Seth Nathaniel which means "appointed" and "gift of God."

B&B is AWESOME!!

Last edited:
I'm In! Is it "Job"? If so, very thoughtful of you. Great story. Regardless, exponential congratulations to you! Man, B&B is Awesome! Love this place!

Last edited:
B&B is AWESOME!!
I'm in. Seth would be a great name. Thanks for a generous PIF!

Last edited:
I'm in and I'll go with Dan but only because someone else has said Job. I believe those are the only two one syllable Old Testament names other than Gad or Cain.

thanks for the PIF and congratulations in the new boy.

Not in. Congrats on the upcoming arrival!! And the 1000th some on post.

A hint to some whom have already guessed is that he said ONE syllable not two.

Im not in... seth is a great name! Eli was my guess, but I have seen is taken. Congrats on the son, mine is truly God's gift to me!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom