What's new

ZY (Chinese) Pure Badger - Synthetic

Item Description

A Chinese generic brush sold under different Chinese brand names. An economical brush that pulls its weight far beyond its cost.

Latest reviews

Pros: Great value
Performs better than a lot of European brand-name brushes
Real timber handle
Cons: Will not satisfy those who prefer expensive brushes
Smaller than most
This brush can be purchased for about USD 2 (in May 2020) on AliExpress or for more on eBay, etc. The brush is often listed as "pure badger" however it is synthetic. What do you expect for the price.

With a 19mm knot, 53mm loft and overall height of 100mm, this is not a large brush. This has the advantage that the brush does not hog lather. Just a pea size of cream face lathered gives enough lather for three passes and some left over.

The handle is of natural timber with a clear lacquer finish. The handle diameter is 34mm. The brush looses a hair or two with the first few uses, however after about 5 to 10 uses the brush hair stabilizes.

I have badger brushes costing 20 to 50 time more than this brush and they are nowhere near even 2 to 5 times better. This brush is the one that I now most frequently pick. Try it. For the price, you can't waste your money!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Reactions: pellidon
L
Lather and Razors
It's a misnomer - it looks nothing like pure badger, obviously a synthetic fiber brush.
rbscebu
rbscebu
This has been the only brush I have used for over the past 400 three-pass shaves and it still looks and performs like new. My expensive badger brushes now just collect dust.
rbscebu
rbscebu
Over 850 three-pass shaves with this brush now covering about the last 3 years. A total of 5 hairs lost. Still looks like the day I bought it.

Item information

Added by
rbscebu
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More in Shaving Brushes (Reviews)

More from rbscebu

Top Bottom