What's new

Taylor's Shaving Shop

Item Description

proxy.php

Taylor's Shaving Shop cream is noticeably different from the floral scented and Avocado creams that Taylor's makes. While some of the same qualities exist, it is lacking in others. I have not used any of Taylor's other "perfume" scented creams, but I would guess that, at least on my skin, they would perform similarly to the Shaving Shop.

Scent - The Shaving Shop scent is really something special. It is an exceptionally crisp and clean smelling cream in which I find great pleasure.

Latherability - Unlike the the other Taylor's products that grace my bathroom shelves, I've found the Shaving Shop cream takes a little more work to reach maximum lather. It's not difficult, just different. I also find that the lather produced by this cream is noticeably less lubricating than my other English creams. When a high quality lather build has not been achieved this product can leave you with some minor skin irritation.

Moisturizing Properties - The downside of this cream is its moisturizing capability. This cream, more than any other I have used, can dry my face out. When using this product, I will usually follow up with a fairly thick application of some kind of a/s balm in an attempt to counter the drying effect. If you suffer from dry skin, I would stay away from this cream. As it is, I will probably be avoiding it during the winter months.

Packaging - The money saving PVC tub is not my favorite, but I can live with it.

Quality / Efficacy - Shaving Shop fits into the category of high-end cream. It is not at the top of this category, but still a good cream. The biggest differences in this cream and the other high-end creams boils down to its moisturizing ability and ease of use. You can get the great results, but you must be willing to work a little harder for them.

Overall, while this cream falls a little short in the aforementioned areas, the scent is the equalizer. It is such a great smelling cream that I'm willing to put in the extra work and extra a/s conditioner to use it. It's not a cream that I can use on consecutive days but one that will remain in the stable and be visited on a weekly basis.

As an added side note, I really like the results when using this product in conjunction with Proraso Pre/Post and a/s cream.

Latest reviews

Works fine but could not get used to the scent and gave it away.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I recieved a sample tub of this cream from the 6 pack sampler at the Shave Den, and while I loved the scents of the other TOBS products I received, this one was very off putting. I did not like it at all. My wife didn't like it, my secretary didn't like it, the other lawyers at my firm didn't like it. The comments ranged from "Cheap Soap" to "Old Man Stink." One female lawyer at my firm hit the nail on the head. "Urinal Cake".

Clean and Soapy, just like the other reviews say, but off putting because of the association. Like all the TOBS creams, this one is a great performer, but you should definitley try a sample before you spring for a big tub. I rinsed the last 3/4 of my sample down the drain.

yymv etc.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
D
I found the scent of this cream quite off-putting to be honest. The lather it produces is great though!

Item information

Added by
Kyle
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
0.14 star(s) 21 ratings

More in Shaving Creams (Reviews)

More from Kyle

Top Bottom