What's new

Shavemac #22579

Item Description

I don't think this particular Shavemac has been reviewed yet. I ordered mine, a 25mm knot, standing 110mm tall, from VintageBlades.com, with their faux horn handle. I prefer knots in the 24 - 26mm sizing, as I don't whip lather on my face, and usually use creams. Some brushes in that knot size are fine for creams, but come up short (to me) when I switch to a cake soap. I hoped that this one would bridge the gap, as reviews of Shavemacs here and elsewhere have given them high marks in the stiffness/softness ratio. This one doesn't disappoint, in either category. On creams, it works beautifully; 20 whips produce a really good lather, and it gets better from there. I've used it a few times on soaps, and it works about equally well. The softness of the bristle tips is wonderful, and overall, this is a super brush. The best of Germany, for sure. My struggle is with the pricing of this brush...if it sold for $75, then I'd rate it a lot higher than a 5. But, at $115, sorry, but I think it's really just overpriced. I realize that when the price is compared with some other factory brushes, it isn't bad; but once you've owned a custom brush, this just can't quite measure up.

Latest reviews

I got this brush used for $85- right here on B&B and I love it. It's my first 'serious' brush so I can't compare it to much, but for a brush newby, it's definitely a nice step up from the C&E BBB that I've used 'til now - which I found a little to floppy for my taste. This one is super dense, silky soft, large and lathers beautifully. The faux horn handle is beautiful and well turned. I agree with the original review in the fact that I don't know that I'd pay the $135- retail for it, but if you can get a good deal on one somewhere, it's a thing of beauty that's quality made.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
I got this for christmas and it is quite an exceptional brush. density, ergonomics, and latherability are all outstanding. The handle is a work of art. The bristles provide a nice blend of stiffness and softness, though leaning more to the softer side. the brush is not floppy, but that is primarily do to its incredible density than to the bristles themselves. Overall quality is outstanding after a month of use the brush hasn't shed a single hair. You really can't go wrong with shavemac. :thumbup1:
I don't think this particular Shavemac has been reviewed yet. I ordered mine, a 25mm knot, standing 110mm tall, from VintageBlades.com, with their faux horn handle. I prefer knots in the 24 - 26mm sizing, as I don't whip lather on my face, and usually use creams. Some brushes in that knot size are fine for creams, but come up short (to me) when I switch to a cake soap. I hoped that this one would bridge the gap, as reviews of Shavemacs here and elsewhere have given them high marks in the stiffness/softness ratio. This one doesn't disappoint, in either category. On creams, it works beautifully; 20 whips produce a really good lather, and it gets better from there. I've used it a few times on soaps, and it works about equally well. The softness of the bristle tips is wonderful, and overall, this is a super brush. The best of Germany, for sure. My struggle is with the pricing of this brush...if it sold for $75, then I'd rate it a lot higher than a 5. But, at $115, sorry, but I think it's really just overpriced. I realize that when the price is compared with some other factory brushes, it isn't bad; but once you've owned a custom brush, this just can't quite measure up.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)