What's new

Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Pre-Shave Oil

Item Description

A while back, in a search for a good pre-shave oil, I found this. I searched for a review here on B&B for it, but couldn't turn one up, which was surprising. If I missed one, please forgive me.

When this came, and I looked at the tiny little bottle, I wondered what the heck I'd spent $30 for! On first examination, I figured it might last me a few weeks. But now, perhaps 6 weeks later, using it 2/3 of the time as my pre-shave, I was wrong. When ClassicShaving recommended using an amount about the size of a dime, they were right. That's absolutely all that you need to use. It softens a beard very well, and is recommended by T&H for those times when you don't have adequate time to properly prepare your beard. I'd say that they're spot-on with this recommendation. At $15 per ounce, though I might have once rated this a 1 or 2 on price, in 6 weeks of nearly daily use, I'm just down past the neck of the bottle in what I've used. On certain days, I'll even use this twice, in-between passes and latherings. The fragrance is very nice; an essence of citrus. It lubricates extremely well, and is very easily rinsed out of a DE or off of a straight. This stuff does what it's supposed it do, does it very well, and is honestly economical - something that surprises me, frankly. Wonderfully moisturizing too! Recommended.

Latest reviews

Pros: Scent, light-weight
Cons: None
Hard to imagine a better scented pre-shave oil, IMHO. Works well, and helps as a part of the elaborate shaving routine.

Dragan
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
I absolutely love this stuff, one of my favorite shaving items. the price is a bit high, but when you consider that the smaller bottle will last you almost a year, than it isn't so bad. the smell is absolutely fantastic, like real fresh lemon, not some kind of extract. the best thing is, that it does its job well, i can feel it on my face even after the third and fourth pass, and the blade glides like knife trough a hot butter... gives you the chance to be a little less carefull when using a really sharp blade, like feathers...
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
I don't use pre-shave oils very often, and I have only tried a few but I actually quite like the T&H. I like the citrusy scent and it seems to provide the perfect amount of lubrication and is easily washed away from both my hands and face. It is a little pricey but if I felt that I needed a pre-shave daily it would be worth it.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)