What's new

Savile Row 2422

Item Description

This is my second shave brush, the previous 9 months were spent using a Tweezerman. As expected because of its better hair grade it's less scritchy than the Tweezerman. Because the knot is larger and denser it does wonderful job of retaining water and being able to build great lather very quickly. The difference I see with my previous brush is that the initial lather created is more hydrated and feels more like the final squeeze from the Tweeze. However because there is that much more hair is does require more product so this is a wash for me. If I don't get at least 50% more soap/cream loaded I'm rewarded with a worthless, thin mess. The brush's biggest win for me is the quality of the knot. In the 10 days I've been using the brush I've had zero shed hairs and just one that broke in the middle. The Tweezerman was loosing 4-5 hairs per week, one of the reasons I chose to replace it.

In the end, I don't feel that the $80 I spent on this was worth it. I think I'm more of a $50 brush person.

In the photos, the SR 2422 is on the left while my old Tweezerman is on the right. The intent was to be able to compare the knot density, but that's always hard to tell in photographs. When the knots are squeezed one can easily tell that there's a lot more hair in the Savile Row.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Latest reviews

This is my second shave brush, the previous 9 months were spent using a Tweezerman. As expected because of its better hair grade it's less scritchy than the Tweezerman. Because the knot is larger and denser it does wonderful job of retaining water and being able to build great lather very quickly. The difference I see with my previous brush is that the initial lather created is more hydrated and feels more like the final squeeze from the Tweeze. However because there is that much more hair is does require more product so this is a wash for me. If I don't get at least 50% more soap/cream loaded I'm rewarded with a worthless, thin mess. The brush's biggest win for me is the quality of the knot. In the 10 days I've been using the brush I've had zero shed hairs and just one that broke in the middle. The Tweezerman was loosing 4-5 hairs per week, one of the reasons I chose to replace it.

In the end, I don't feel that the $80 I spent on this was worth it. I think I'm more of a $50 brush person.

In the photos, the SR 2422 is on the left while my old Tweezerman is on the right. The intent was to be able to compare the knot density, but that's always hard to tell in photographs. When the knots are squeezed one can easily tell that there's a lot more hair in the Savile Row.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php
Price
2.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)