What's new

Razorock Big Bruce shaving brush review

Razorock Big Bruce

Item Description

I got this brush a couple of weeks ago along with another brush and it is absolutely superb.

Unbelievably soft Plissoft fibres/bristles, very large knot, and has the perfect amount of backbone for lathering soaps and also enough flop in the tips to cover a vast amount of your face in one stroke. I have been using this brush for bowl lathering and it does a outstanding job.

I have used this brush with Proraso soaps and also Taylors Of Old Bond Street tub cream and it is outstanding with them both, especially with the Taylors Of Old Bond Street which lathers up amazingly quickly and lots of it.

The brush splays relatively easy, despite it having a perfect amount of backbone, but personally I don’t see the need to do it with any shaving brush, and instead use a back and forth “paint brushing” motion.

It holds tons of lather and still has a heap left in it after three passes, so what I usually do with the remainder of the soap is, I squeeze it out of the brush and rub it around my face, and leave it on, until I have washed out the lathering bowl and my brush (why waste leftover lather, when I can rub it into my face and get the benefit of the ingredients) and I then wash it off.

The brush is really comfortable in the hand, and has a perfect and comfortably sized handle, even when wet etc. I’m so pleased I went with a synthetic brush as I can wet the brush and its ready to go (no soaking required I find) and it dries quickly and is usually dry later on in the evening when I come back home.

With all of the good I have wrote above about the Big Bruce, the asking price is an absolute steal, at under £20, it should be in everyone’s shaving kit.

I will post some photos below showing Big Bruce and the lathering bowl to show how the lather is that is creates. If anyone has any questions, please ask :)

IMG_2100.JPG

IMG_2101.JPG

Item information

Added by
Talster
Views
Watchers
Last update

More in Shaving Brushes (Reviews)

More from Talster

Top Bottom