What's new

Polsilver Super Iridium

Item Description

Recently find some polsilver Super iridium blades in here in Turkey... Price is little bit high because i bought from the Bulgarian bazaar. 100 Polsilver SI cost me 30 usd aprox, so this is really high price for the blades here because i know they are 8 usd / 100 blades in Bulgaria .But since i have no chance to go there at the moment so i bought from the seller.
i shaved many times with super iridium that i bought from UK based online seller before they are stop the SI production i know they are genuine original..Super Iridium shaves was perfect as everybody knows.one blade last me at least 8-10 perfect shaves.
Finally i tried some Polsilver Super iridium blades so i see that they are very close to the Super iridium blades shave.. i think if i put some polsilver super iridium blades to Super iridiums packs so very hard to understand which iridum is this. Why im talking like this because if you open the cardboard box than you will see that blades letter and characteristics are exactly same.. also on the cardboard box address is same..Both are manufactured by St petersburg Gillette. differences 10 blades cardborad box Super iridium letters are little bit bold on the blade and 5 blades in cardboard box Polsilver super iridium blades letters are little faded. Also distributors are different.. polsilver super iridium distributor from Poland but Super iridium Distrubutors from UK and Aussie..
At the end im sure that that are same blades only different packaged for different country markets. i read some threads about they are worst or bad blades recent years and buyers send back these blades to the poland seller and he refunded all costs.. i think the re send Polsilver blades are not the same blades with the current production of Polsilver blades.
Also i have to say that there are glue spots on the blades and smells little oily steel so these are exactly same production of green-yellow 7' o clock perma-sharp blades on the St Petersburg Gillette...

Latest reviews

Pros: Sharp/ forgiving/ long lasting
Cons: ?
I can get 10-12 comfortable or BBS shaves (2 passes) from 1 blade. So far the best blade I have ever used, works well on every different DE shaving tool. The good as Feather, but PS is much more forgiving. Got the package from G&C as a gift. Nothing more 2 say!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Sharp, smooth.
Cons: None.
I tried these after using a bunch of others. Feathers, KAI, Derby, Astra, Personna, Gillette 7 o Clock Yellows, Merkur, Dorko, Wilkinson Sword, Shark, Sharp, more that I cannot recall. After I got my Gillette Slim, I decided to use Polsilver to test the various setting to find the best one for me. I've found that the Slim set at 8 and a Polsilver gets me the best shave I've ever had. It works better than other blades at all settings, and in my different razors(Maggard v2 open come, a Maggard closed comb and a Lord L6). I've yet to come across any dud blades. I have finicky skin prone to redness and rashes, which have subsided greatly after finding these blades. I usually use a blade once and toss it, so I cannot comment on the longevity of the blade, though I have read from other users that it is impressive. In the end, Polsilver gives me an ideal balance of sharp and smooth, and provides me with my best shaves.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Sharp, Smooth, Durable
Cons: Nothing
My first experience with a Polsilver has been terrible but later on I discovered it was a dud. When I gave them a second change they proved to be fantastic blades.
A bit harsh yet very sharp during the first two shaves then it only get smoother and gives back fantastic shaves with no irritation. It outlasts many of my other blades and it's my third favourite blade after 7 O'clock blacks and Nacets.
Average packaging like 90% of other blades.
I've paid $1.60 a tuck and at $0.32 per blade it's only 3 cents a shave so price is not an issue.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)