What's new

Polsilver Super Iridium

Pros: Sharp/ forgiving/ long lasting
Cons: ?
I can get 10-12 comfortable or BBS shaves (2 passes) from 1 blade. So far the best blade I have ever used, works well on every different DE shaving tool. The good as Feather, but PS is much more forgiving. Got the package from G&C as a gift. Nothing more 2 say!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Sharp, smooth.
Cons: None.
I tried these after using a bunch of others. Feathers, KAI, Derby, Astra, Personna, Gillette 7 o Clock Yellows, Merkur, Dorko, Wilkinson Sword, Shark, Sharp, more that I cannot recall. After I got my Gillette Slim, I decided to use Polsilver to test the various setting to find the best one for me. I've found that the Slim set at 8 and a Polsilver gets me the best shave I've ever had. It works better than other blades at all settings, and in my different razors(Maggard v2 open come, a Maggard closed comb and a Lord L6). I've yet to come across any dud blades. I have finicky skin prone to redness and rashes, which have subsided greatly after finding these blades. I usually use a blade once and toss it, so I cannot comment on the longevity of the blade, though I have read from other users that it is impressive. In the end, Polsilver gives me an ideal balance of sharp and smooth, and provides me with my best shaves.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Sharp, Smooth, Durable
Cons: Nothing
My first experience with a Polsilver has been terrible but later on I discovered it was a dud. When I gave them a second change they proved to be fantastic blades.
A bit harsh yet very sharp during the first two shaves then it only get smoother and gives back fantastic shaves with no irritation. It outlasts many of my other blades and it's my third favourite blade after 7 O'clock blacks and Nacets.
Average packaging like 90% of other blades.
I've paid $1.60 a tuck and at $0.32 per blade it's only 3 cents a shave so price is not an issue.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: very sharp and very smooth with a long lasting edge
Cons: none
I've used a couple packs of these blades and they are definitely my favorite blades now. Every shave is extremely close and comfortable, no irritation at all. I've also been getting on average, 7 shaves per blade, and that is outstanding, most blades only last around 3 or less for me. These are just perfect for me, and it's not too pricey to just pick up a 5 back so they're easy to get a hold of if you wanna sample them.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: sharpness, smoothness
Cons: price
Price: US$2.50 for 5 blades--US$0.50 per blade

Quality: A few stray grooves on one of the bevels, and random fibers on one edge.

Sharpness: Second-tier for sharpness.

Longevity: Theses blades last 4 days for me.

Smoothness of Shave: On par with Astra Superior Platinum.

Packaging: Cardboard box of five. Single-wrapped with two glue spots.

Conclusion: Expensive Astra Superior Platinum blades.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: sharp and smooth
Got a sampler of these, hence the zero pricing. Wow, BBS right off the bat, in fact nearly 12 hours later and it's still only light stubble. One of the closest and most comfortable shaves I've ever had. No complaints here.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Sharp, Smooth, somewhat forgiving, long lasting.
Cons: Will bite if technique is not right
These blades are very good. They are in the sharp blade category. They shave very well almost the twin of GSB blades. They are sharper than Astra SP in my opinion. They are not as sharp as Feather blades and just a little sharper than GSB in my opinion.

The blades tend to shave a little rough for the first few shaves. Smoothing up as they are used much like Feather blades. I use blades much longer than the average DE shaver so my reviews are slightly different.

These blades are great blades after four shaves. And at 10 shaves they become very "buttery" feeling on the face. They shave well into the twenty's for me and would likely go longer. I tend to change somewhere in the 20-30 shave range.

I shave everyday and do a two pass ATG shave and get BBS results. The BBS lasts 14-16 hours at first and when the blade has 20-30 shaves the BBS lasts around 10-12 hours. That is why I change out blades at the 20's to 30 shaves per blade.

These blades sometimes develop rust spots when used for 20 shaves. It not always or with every razor, just sometimes with certain razors. It is usually a mild bitt of rust staining on the razor plate.

My favorite blade is Feather, but my second favorite is a tie between these blades, Astra SP, and GSB.

This is a great blade that cost a bit more than others but is worth the premium in my experience.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Sharp and Smooth
Very sharp and smoothest blade I have used to date. Some say price is too high. In my opinion it is not for a quality blade.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Very close shave with minimal nicks!
Cons: Paper wrapping is hard to remove.
So far these blades area a very positive shaving experience! I clean each new blade with an alcohol wipe before the first use. This removes any glue or paper wrapping residue.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Quite sharp and giving a smooth shave
Cons: Did not last as long as I'd expected
I got a free packet with an order at Barbiere di Figaro. As these blades are, to my knowldge, made in the well known Gillette St Petersburg facility I had expected higher quality.
My best blades are still the Gillette Bleue, only available in France, and I use these as my personal benchmark. With the Bleues I can easily shave a week but with the Polsilvers it's about half that time. Considering the price (although I got them for free they're about 50 eurocents per blade) and that I have a rather light beard I found that quite disappointing.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Not much
Cons: Harsh shave. Expensive
Very harsh shave. Worst blade I've ever used. Don't understand the hype about these.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
Pros: Surprisingly smooth, as well as very sharp!
Cons: I did think it would last longer.
My sample size of seven shaves is very low and was not executed in my baseline razor (1965 Slim), but in a 1958 Fatboy. PSIs far exceeded my memory of the Wilkinson Sword in the Slim, and, so far, I liked PSIs better than the Feather Platinum currently in the Fatboy.
First shave (for both razor and blade) I had the adjustable set too aggressively, but I dialed it down and the shave was a revelation. The seventh shave was not nearly so, but in other circumstances I might have kept using the blade. I am looking forward to getting the current Feather out and another of the PSIs in!
I was not crazy about the paperboard box; I much prefer the plastic boxes with the blade disposal slot in the back.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Smooth and very sharp
Cons: ?
This is the first blade i've tried that rivals or maybe even better than a feather.
Just outstanding! Incredibly smooth
Not sure of longevity as only have had 2 shaves from blade so far
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)