Merkur Platinum Double Edge Blades

Average User Rating:
0.330709/5,
  • There's not much to say on the Merkur Blade, which isn't a bad thing. This is a dependable blade that provides consistent shaves. It might not be the sharpest, and it might not be the cheapest, but it is a good, well performing blade. Blades are oddly enough very much a matter of personal preference. I prefer Merkur.

[​IMG]

-Nick

Recent User Reviews

1. Mr. Scruffy
    4/5,
    "Not the sharpest blade in the world, this much mal"
    Pros - Smoothness, Longevity
    Cons - Price
    Not the sharpest blade in the world, this much maligned blade will consistently deliver a smooth and comfortable shave more often than not. And I can get more quality shaves from a single Merkur blade than I can from 2 feather blades.
    Price:
    3/5,
    Quality:
    5/5,
    Longevity:
    4/5,
    Packaging:
    4/5,
    Sharpness:
    4/5,
    Smoothness of Shave:
    4/5,
  2. PhillyB
    4/5,
    "These are the blades by which I judge all others. "
    Pros - Smooth, durable.
    These are the blades by which I judge all others. They're not the sharpest, but they're sharp enough. They shave smooth, cleanly, and are predictably the same from shave to shave. They also last a good amount of shaves, getting 3-5 shaves per side myself. There may be better blades out there, but these are the ones I buy (and use) regularly.
    Price:
    3/5,
    Quality:
    5/5,
    Longevity:
    4/5,
    Packaging:
    5/5,
    Sharpness:
    4/5,
    Smoothness of Shave:
    4/5,
  3. dsk79
    0/5,
    "These blades have given me a very comfortable shav"
    Pros - quality
    Cons - not easily available in bulk
    These blades have given me a very comfortable shave. Whilst they are not as sharp as the feather blades, they do deliver a very smooth and comfortable shave, with good razor glide to my sensitive skin with thick and fast growth.

You do need a few more strokes/passes to get the closeness, but overall its a very comfortable, forgiving, well engineered blade that does a superb job.
    Price:
    2/5,
    Quality:
    5/5,
    Longevity:
    2/5,
    Packaging:
    3/5,
    Sharpness:
    3/5,
    Smoothness of Shave:
    5/5,