What's new

Merkur Platinum Double Edge Blades

Item Description

There's not much to say on the Merkur Blade, which isn't a bad thing. This is a dependable blade that provides consistent shaves. It might not be the sharpest, and it might not be the cheapest, but it is a good, well performing blade. Blades are oddly enough very much a matter of personal preference. I prefer Merkur.

displayimage.php

-Nick

Latest reviews

Pros: Smoothness, Longevity
Cons: Price
Not the sharpest blade in the world, this much maligned blade will consistently deliver a smooth and comfortable shave more often than not. And I can get more quality shaves from a single Merkur blade than I can from 2 feather blades.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Smooth, durable.
These are the blades by which I judge all others. They're not the sharpest, but they're sharp enough. They shave smooth, cleanly, and are predictably the same from shave to shave. They also last a good amount of shaves, getting 3-5 shaves per side myself. There may be better blades out there, but these are the ones I buy (and use) regularly.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: quality
Cons: not easily available in bulk
These blades have given me a very comfortable shave. Whilst they are not as sharp as the feather blades, they do deliver a very smooth and comfortable shave, with good razor glide to my sensitive skin with thick and fast growth.

You do need a few more strokes/passes to get the closeness, but overall its a very comfortable, forgiving, well engineered blade that does a superb job.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)