What's new

Edwin Jagger Ebony Silvertip

Item Description

This brush was given to me by a special friend[sup]TM[/sup] so despite my frantic googling, I haven't been able to find any specifics with regards to model number or pricing, so I can't make any judgements on that criterion, but I can say, this brush is a fantastic lather maker and a workhorse to boot, and one of the reasons I was so excited when Edwin Jagger agreed to make our first forum brush.

Quality: First rate. I've beaten the holy heck out of this brush for months. It's been my go to brush for the last three months and lost a single hair during the first use, and nothing after that. The chrome baseplate is gorgeous, and securely attached to the body.

Density: This bad boy is packed nicely with first rate EJ silvertip. It isn't jam-packed, but it has more than enough hair to hold a lot of water and provide some backbone.

Tip Quality: The tips of this guy are firm enough to whip up soap without a problem, but soft enough to leave a smooth, scritch-free feeling.

Ergonomics: The form of the handle fits the hand nicely, but due to the chrome baseplate, it isn't the lightest brush in my stable.

Latherability: This EJ consistently creates a slick, luscious lather with creams and soaps. Lately, whenever I've purchased a new soap, I've used my EJ to see what kind of lather I should be able to get out of it.

Now, on to some pictorial goodness:

The brush in question:
displayimage.php

The brush soaking in some hot water:
displayimage.php

Some Truefitt & Hill 1805 to demonstrate lathering with creams:
displayimage.php

Removing the brush from its bath:
displayimage.php

EJ Brush with slick, dense lather:
displayimage.php

T&H on the hand after a little brush squeeze:
displayimage.php

Some of Mama Bear's Coconut Lemongrass to demonstrate soap lathering:
displayimage.php

Several quick swipes to prime the brush:
displayimage.php

Rich thick soap lather after umpteen swirls in a bowl:
displayimage.php

A little brush squeeze to show off the soap lather (eat your heart out Vana):
displayimage.php

One last shot of lather from Mama Bear's soap
displayimage.php

Conclusions? Well, it's a rock solid lather maker. It's a little heavy, and the ebony sure loves to show off soap scum when I don't keep her nice and polished, but all in all, it's a great brush.

-Nick

To discuss this review, please use this thread.

Latest reviews

This brush was given to me by a special friend[sup]TM[/sup] so despite my frantic googling, I haven't been able to find any specifics with regards to model number or pricing, so I can't make any judgements on that criterion, but I can say, this brush is a fantastic lather maker and a workhorse to boot, and one of the reasons I was so excited when Edwin Jagger agreed to make our first forum brush.

Quality: First rate. I've beaten the holy heck out of this brush for months. It's been my go to brush for the last three months and lost a single hair during the first use, and nothing after that. The chrome baseplate is gorgeous, and securely attached to the body.

Density: This bad boy is packed nicely with first rate EJ silvertip. It isn't jam-packed, but it has more than enough hair to hold a lot of water and provide some backbone.

Tip Quality: The tips of this guy are firm enough to whip up soap without a problem, but soft enough to leave a smooth, scritch-free feeling.

Ergonomics: The form of the handle fits the hand nicely, but due to the chrome baseplate, it isn't the lightest brush in my stable.

Latherability: This EJ consistently creates a slick, luscious lather with creams and soaps. Lately, whenever I've purchased a new soap, I've used my EJ to see what kind of lather I should be able to get out of it.

Now, on to some pictorial goodness:

The brush in question:
displayimage.php

The brush soaking in some hot water:
displayimage.php

Some Truefitt & Hill 1805 to demonstrate lathering with creams:
displayimage.php

Removing the brush from its bath:
displayimage.php

EJ Brush with slick, dense lather:
displayimage.php

T&H on the hand after a little brush squeeze:
displayimage.php

Some of Mama Bear's Coconut Lemongrass to demonstrate soap lathering:
displayimage.php

Several quick swipes to prime the brush:
displayimage.php

Rich thick soap lather after umpteen swirls in a bowl:
displayimage.php

A little brush squeeze to show off the soap lather (eat your heart out Vana):
displayimage.php

One last shot of lather from Mama Bear's soap
displayimage.php

Conclusions? Well, it's a rock solid lather maker. It's a little heavy, and the ebony sure loves to show off soap scum when I don't keep her nice and polished, but all in all, it's a great brush.

-Nick

To discuss this review, please use this thread.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)