What's new

QEDMan Badger & Blade Cologne

Item Description

Have you ever spent months living in the forest, chopping down trees, living off the fat of the land, showing Paul Bunyan a thing or two? I haven't either, but if I did, I'd imagine the experience would smell much like the B&B Cologne. B&B is not a light or faint scent. It hits you with an intense woody smell.

Joel best describes the scent in a post I borrowed from the forums:

This stuff is tear jerkingly magical - very stout pure sandalwood oil smell, with a touch of chocolate, neroli, anise, "green" notes, fruit - a true symphany of smell.... this is something you can truly "hear" it is so incredible. The scent is so different, so robust, so classy, descriptions and words fail me.

Make no mistake, this is a very pure, fine-tuned scent. It is not cheaply and haphazardly thrown together, but beware, it's also not for everyone.

Price and packaging are n/a because at the time of this review, the scent isn't available for purchase (but it should be soon).

If you think you're man enough, you should give it a try. :wink:

displayimage.php

-Nick

Latest reviews

Im doing a review of this cologne because I decided to wear it today and every time I do I remember why its so great! There are many newer members that must not remember when this first came out. Here is a short B&B history lesson from what I recall. Back in 2006, back in my lurker days, I remember reading about this great cologne that Charles at QEDUSA was making for B&B. Natural EO with lots of sandalwood goodness and pine. Fast forward to 2008 and I managed to get a bottle of the 2nd offering. Wonderful Juice! Then, I found a member selling the original vintage.

Today I have on the 2006 version. Why is it so good? Robust, but balanced between the Sandalwood and Pine. The sandalwood offers dry, woodsy warmth while the Pine offers that Evergreen kick in the pants. In the backdrop, fruit with a bit of greenery and ever so subtle citrus. The scent is full, rounded and complex. The blend is all EO which gives it a depth that you cant get with synthetic FO's. Lastly, EO colognes normally have a problem with longevity, but not here. All day long 6-10 hours depending. Overall, just unique, top quality juice!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I didn't know I'd ever give an all 10 rating. I got lucky and was able to get this from the decant club before they ran out. I gave a price rating of 10 because $7 was a great deal to try this stuff, IMO.

Warning! As Charles would describe his Vetiver, this too is not for the faint of heart. It is extremely strong, and I also found out it can be overbearing.

However, this is honestly the best scent I own now. Period. The scent has already been described, but it seems to perform differently on me. At first I smell like I've been getting naughty with Christmas trees, and this scent coupled with the scent of pure Sandalwood lasts on me for a while, then dries down into the wonderful signature QED Sandalwood scent. This cologne lasts impressively on me, 6-8 hours. This is great because normally most colognes simply do not last on me.

A couple things to note. One is the atomizer on the decant club atomizers, which all in all are great, but they squirt a very generous amount of product. A full strength spritz on my chest, and the evergreen forest scent is too overbearing for quite a while. I gently just tap the top of the atomizer to get a minimal size spritz, as this is enough for me. That way the evergreen scent is wonderfully blended with the Sandalwood among other notes. Apparently it contains many other essential oils as well, but these (whatever the "evergreen" is and the sandalwood) are the ones that stand out for me.

This is now arguably the best cologne I own now, and that's considering everything. If you agree with this pure, intense scent and can get it then get it.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
As a nature-loving guy, this cologne is one of the best I own. Imagine going to the forest, chopping down some trees, then plucking some berries from the bushes, mowing the lawn and, finally, enjoying the evening in your garden with the smell of spices and weed in the air. That and much more is combined in this rich and manly cologne. The staying power is excellent and I normally have troubles getting any scent to last longer than 3 or 4 hours - this one lasts the whole day.
Excellent stuff, go out and grab it :thumbup1:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
Nick
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from Nick

Top Bottom