What's new

Merkur 34G-XL Malachite Hamdle

Item Description

From the website www.eliterazor.com :

"This is a handcrafted brush handle by Robert Quinn. It from the same block of Malachite, the famous and popular semi-precious stone. It is named for the Greek word for "mallow", a green herb. Its banded light and dark green designs are one-of-a-kind, and give it a unique ornamental quality unlike that of any other stone. The light and dark green bands are so distinctive that Malachite maybe one of the most easily recognized minerals by the general public. "

Latest reviews

Pros: Gives a great shave!
Cons: None
This is one of my better razors. It is not too aggressive and I can get an almost BBS shave in two passes. The handle is the part that makes it worth the buy.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
1.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Beautiful to behold...
Cons: ... but harder to hold!
My darling wife bought me one of these - with a matching silvertip brush - for an anniversary present.

It is a good piece of work - the finished stone is gorgeous - but I find the handle is too short for my preference, and it does tend to be "slippery when wet."

Having said that, it shaves well (exactly like a Merkur HD, which I fancy provide the working parts for this spruiced-up beauty).
Grip
2.00 star(s)
Price
2.00 star(s)
Balance
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
2.00 star(s)