What's new

Headslick shave cream

Item Description

I feel that Headslick gets looked over because of its focus on headshaving. I have been using this stuff for years on my face in the shower with my fusion (pre DE convert) and got excellent results lathering on my face with my hands.

Once I got a brush, I tried working this stuff up in a bowl, and to my suprise it worked up nicely, gaining volume while soaking up water. Result was a very slick, shiny, lather.

And, you really only need a dime sized dollop for a good 3-4 passes worth.

I love the scent, and the cooling effect. The nice suprise is how it moisturizes, even with a heavy menthol base.

The little bottle of this stuff goes a long way too.

I only knocked the packaging because although it is a convenient bottle, it is extremely wasteful to throw these away (or even recycle) them each time you buy a new one. They need to come out with a refill.

Luckily this stuff lasts forever (even when I was shaving my head and face).

Awesome product though.

Latest reviews

Pros: lathers just as good as any cream or soap, super slick, cheap and available locally
Cons: if you don't like menthol I guess its a con
This needs to be tried by every wetnshaver, its very cheap. About 1$\1oz. Then fact that it is super slick and big thick lather from a small amount is amazing. If they had other scents I would use this as much if not more than my TOBS and cella. This is much cheaper and is just as sick and lather is great. If you are on an budget this is for you. Don't waste your time with horrible drying soaps like arko or Williams. This is great even for people like me who buy the expensive kinds too!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Reactions: awk_m4
Pros: Price, Latherability, Strong menthol
Cons: Not much scent
Got it on sale at Publix, bought it to compare to Proraso. I find this a better overall performer than Proraso. It has a stronger menthol kick, lathers easier, and costs less...and it's available at many U.S. drug stores and grocery stores. Very little scent (marked 5 as neutral) and not very moisturizing, but fine for a hot-weather shave. Provides a cool, slick lather! Highly recommended.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Based on the various reviews and comments about this product I decided to try it. I liked the idea that this is widely available and there's something about getting a menthol blast that I love.

Price-wise this is one of the most economical shaving creams on the market. I paid around $6 for an 8 oz bottle. I used a dime size dollop in my bobe and I was able to whip up an awesome lather that was rich and thick. The only thing I didn't really like about Headslick is that it has a slight chemical scent (the bottle claims that it is unscented).

However there are advantages to an unscented mentholated SC. The second time I used Headslick I combined it with a soap to make a superlather and it was great. I had the scent of C&E Nomad with a nice cold menthol tingle.

I didn't notice that it moisturized my face at all but I use a Corn Huskers Lotion + AS of the day mixture to take care of any moisturizing my mug needs.

I didn't really care for the waterbottle packaging. It takes up more room in my shave den than other shaving creams -- I need all the space I can get to house all of my ADs.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
atison
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
0.47 star(s) 19 ratings

More in Shaving Creams (Reviews)

More from atison

• Vulfix 2233
    This is my second brush (cheap boar being my first). I heard these...
  • Col Conk Lime
    I started wetshaving with a tube of Proraso, and the whole line of Col...
Top Bottom