What's new

Vulfix 2233

Item Description

This is my second brush (cheap boar being my first).

I heard these were very floppy, so I was a little down that this was the brush that was being sent to me (free). But, it being free, I was still going to use it. I wanted to give it a good dozen or so uses before I made up my own mind.

Very nice brush. Soft and luxurious on the face. Handle is decent, but I could use a more defined groove for ease of grip. Holds water very well.

Ok, on to the floppyness.

This brush lathers very well (bowl, face, hand), and I do like the feel as I face lather it, but I just don't feel like I am really working the lather into my skin as best as I could. I think I would prefer something a little more scritchy, so that I can feel it working.

The brush does paint on lather well, but once the brush is loaded with lather, it looses its "bloom". As you paint on the lather, the brush changes from a nice bulb shape, to a flat paint brush shape, and stays that way. May just be my awesome lather though :biggrin:.

All in all, it is a very capable brush. And if soft is your thing, then this is it.

I will use it for a long time to come, mainly because it was free.

Not sure if I would have purchased it, especially for its going price of $59.

Brush really sags over with a heavy load of water in it.

Latest reviews

My first brush was a very inexpensive pure badger 'set' which my wife found on the sale rack at Target for about $6.00 US like this one http://www.executive-business-gift.com/badger-shaving-brush-mach3-razor-se.html. It was quite stiff and did a fine job for a time. What did I know? I was just starting out and had nothing to compare. As I became more skilled and educated about DE Wet-shaving, my expectations were elevated and I happily purchased the best quality tool I could afford at the time: the No. 2233 Super Badger. http://www.vulfixoldoriginal.com/products-detail.asp?CatID=1&SubCatID=3&ProductID=30

Yes it's soft. No it does not 'flop over'. It builds super lather with anything brought to bear against it's bounty of bristles. Perhaps a stiffer brush would provide better exfoliation but I've never been disappointed with this brush. In short - it does the job very well - I've never experienced any floppiness as posted elsewhere on this page and I expect this little brush will be helping with the manly ritual for generations to come. :001_rolle
Price
3.00 star(s)
Density
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
When I first used the Vulfix 2233, I was surprised and a little disappointed by how floppy it was. It was great in the beginning with its stiff-feeling bristles and the loads of lather it whipped up from my soap. But once it hit my face, it was like wet noodles. I want to brush the soap on, not paint it on. I read the box to see if there was any mention of this brush's floppiness, and sure enough it said to use the brush with a light touch. At my next shave, I used less pressure and got much better results. The brush didn't flatten and paint, but lightly scrubbed the soap on and built it up nicely. I enjoy using it now and continue to get great lather and shaves with it.
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
2.00 star(s)
This is my second brush (cheap boar being my first).

I heard these were very floppy, so I was a little down that this was the brush that was being sent to me (free). But, it being free, I was still going to use it. I wanted to give it a good dozen or so uses before I made up my own mind.

Very nice brush. Soft and luxurious on the face. Handle is decent, but I could use a more defined groove for ease of grip. Holds water very well.

Ok, on to the floppyness.

This brush lathers very well (bowl, face, hand), and I do like the feel as I face lather it, but I just don't feel like I am really working the lather into my skin as best as I could. I think I would prefer something a little more scritchy, so that I can feel it working.

The brush does paint on lather well, but once the brush is loaded with lather, it looses its "bloom". As you paint on the lather, the brush changes from a nice bulb shape, to a flat paint brush shape, and stays that way. May just be my awesome lather though :biggrin:.

All in all, it is a very capable brush. And if soft is your thing, then this is it.

I will use it for a long time to come, mainly because it was free.

Not sure if I would have purchased it, especially for its going price of $59.

Brush really sags over with a heavy load of water in it.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)