What's new

Headslick shave cream

Pros: lathers just as good as any cream or soap, super slick, cheap and available locally
Cons: if you don't like menthol I guess its a con
This needs to be tried by every wetnshaver, its very cheap. About 1$\1oz. Then fact that it is super slick and big thick lather from a small amount is amazing. If they had other scents I would use this as much if not more than my TOBS and cella. This is much cheaper and is just as sick and lather is great. If you are on an budget this is for you. Don't waste your time with horrible drying soaps like arko or Williams. This is great even for people like me who buy the expensive kinds too!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Reactions: awk_m4
Pros: Price, Latherability, Strong menthol
Cons: Not much scent
Got it on sale at Publix, bought it to compare to Proraso. I find this a better overall performer than Proraso. It has a stronger menthol kick, lathers easier, and costs less...and it's available at many U.S. drug stores and grocery stores. Very little scent (marked 5 as neutral) and not very moisturizing, but fine for a hot-weather shave. Provides a cool, slick lather! Highly recommended.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Based on the various reviews and comments about this product I decided to try it. I liked the idea that this is widely available and there's something about getting a menthol blast that I love.

Price-wise this is one of the most economical shaving creams on the market. I paid around $6 for an 8 oz bottle. I used a dime size dollop in my bobe and I was able to whip up an awesome lather that was rich and thick. The only thing I didn't really like about Headslick is that it has a slight chemical scent (the bottle claims that it is unscented).

However there are advantages to an unscented mentholated SC. The second time I used Headslick I combined it with a soap to make a superlather and it was great. I had the scent of C&E Nomad with a nice cold menthol tingle.

I didn't notice that it moisturized my face at all but I use a Corn Huskers Lotion + AS of the day mixture to take care of any moisturizing my mug needs.

I didn't really care for the waterbottle packaging. It takes up more room in my shave den than other shaving creams -- I need all the space I can get to house all of my ADs.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Well....I had to try it after reading the pretty good reviews, and I have to admit....the stuff is not too bad.

I love the menthol tingle...that really comes through. I'm getting ready to move to Texas, and this just might be my "hotter than hell outside" go to cream. Cost was about $6.99 at my local Walgreens. I think this stuff will last for a really long time. Kinda cool packaging too.

It should be noted that I am a straight razor shaver. I used a no-name banded badger brush and a Dovo 6/8 Solingen Best Quality razor. It gave enough slickness that I the shave was very comfortable. No nicks, weepers, or cuts, which sometimes happen with me when I use inferior soaps or creams.

All in all, this will find a pretty regular place in my shaving rotation, along with my Tabac, Conk's, Hugo's Naturals and Kiss My Face Creams.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Don't let the name fool you. This is a high quality cream that lathers like crazy is a gem to use. Smell is meh and if they offered refills the packaging would be a ten (the bottle is nice, durable, and very practical but it is a little wasteful) but the shave can't be beat. I've applied to directly to face and have lathered it up like crazy and it is a winner on both accounts. It's easily found, cheap, and protects like no other. Do yourself a favor and get some, now. :thumbup:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
D
I have been looking for a good shave cream for sometime now. I have been using mostly shaving soaps because the cost is cheaper.
I really cannot afford 40+ dollars for a tub of shave cream. After alot of research on B&B I came across this review of headslick and decided to try it.
I was not disappointed. This stuff is simply amazing. It was the best shave I have ever had. I had three days growth and a 5 day old blade and I never got a tug. I even shaved against the grain on my neck and not abit of burn.
I want to try Musgo real and Prorasso as well.
This was also my first encounter with menthol. I think I'm hooked. I finished up with Aqua Velva, but want to find Osage locally.
I do agree that they should come up with a refill though. The packaging seems wasteful even though this will last along time.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I shave my head and face with the Headslick shaving cream and use the Head lube aftershave lotion.I have been getting great results for 2 years now and will continue to use this product.I recomend anyone who wants a great reasonable priced shave cream and aftershave lotion to give it a try.One of the good things about this product it is unscented so it doesnt clash with your colone like alot of othe shave creams and aftershave lotions that claim to be unscented.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
While I don't shave my head, and am very much a soap user more often than a cream user, I do dabble in the shave creams. I occasionally prepare my lather with some Proraso, Taylors, or Musgo Real, but generally stick with soaps. However, recently I put a small amount of Headslick into my bowl, whipped up some of the best lather I have ever seen or used, and received what may be just about the best shave I've had. Fantastic! I took a break from the Skin Food follow up and went old school with some Aqua Velva...Wow! Talk about a complete menthol infused shave experience...
Surprisingly excellent! One of the best I've ever used...I think it's slicker, lathers better, and is more protective than any other cream or soap in my collection (which includes Trumpers, Taylors, Castle Forbes, Harris, QED, AdP, etc). Big, big surprise! Highly recommended! :smile:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
For those of you who shave their heads... What do you use to shave? I've gone back and forth between Mach3 and Headblade, but am considering a DE or striaght razor. Thanks for any advice.
As a head shaver for 9 years now, I am absolutely a fan of the HeadBlade.. and the headslick is a remarkable product. I feel it gives a shave as good as or greater than many more expensive products, such as Anthony Logistics for men... this stuff is really, really slick, as the name implies! I also like that is perfume free, as in the past year I have developed a nasty skin allergy to fragrances. I also really love the un-pretentiousness of the whole line of HeadBlade products, how it looks like a cool sports bottle... last but not least , it really does jump start the day with that menthol cooling. The scent is just all right for me- some days I love it, some days it's a little strong. but overall, I highly recommend this stuff!! :cool:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
The best thing about this cream is its availability, in nearly every chain drug store. Bonus- its being discontinued at Sally's Beauty Supply and is on sale at $3. Stock up! I am.
This stuff is outstanding. I got 12 shave creams in my shave den, this one is my "go to" shave cream. Why?
1) It's a best buy. I cost me $5.99 at my local market. That's for 8 OZ.
2) It's a quality product. Read the ingredents list and you see what I mean.
3) Scent is alright for what it is. Its not Tabac, but it's not a aftershave it's a shave cream!
4) Warm mug and badger shave brush and it Lathers crazy.
5) I teaspoon covers my 5 pass shave. Efficacy is very good.
6) I goes on like cake frosting and stays moist like cake frosting. It make my beard cut like butter.
7) It has a unique package. Looks like a minne sports water bottle. Unlike most tubes I've never had trouble standing this one up!

If had only one shave cream to take on a eight month trip to Let's say the planet Mars. You got it, Headblade Shave Cream would be it.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
HeadBlade HeadSlick is one of the products that make deployments more comfortable. Although I wear hair in everyday life I always shave my head when I am deployed. I go through periods of several months with a nice smooth pate. HeadSlick is very effective and I've never had any difficulties shaving the nugget with it! I recommend HeadBlade products to anyone who shaves their head both novice and veteran alike!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
With a brush in a warm mug, man oh man, a dime's worth EXPLODES with lather! I frankly did not expect it to be THIS good.
My only complaint is the "fakey" scent, at least until the menthol kicks in. :clover:
This very well may be my favorite for quite some time, which, as I said, comes as quite the surprise to me.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is a fantastic brushless cream. Its very inexpensive $8 at Walgreens. All forum users should try it at least once. I rate it equal to Proraso. If I had to use a cream with hardly any prep using a Futur with Feathers this would be the cream. If they repackaged it and sold it from England it would be a $35 cream
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I've been using this stuff for the past three years as my sole shaving cream. I started using it when I first shaved my head and I haven't gone back to anything else. This product now comes with a convenient pump which delves out just the right amount (dime-nickle size), and trust me - this stuff goes a looong way! One bottle of this stuff lasts me over 8 months of shaving every-other day.

It has a really nice menthol affect which cools during and after shaving. I haven't tried producing a lather with a brush yet, but by rubbing it vigorously on my face it fluffs up to a nice even layer of lather. I'm on my way to converting to a DE and currently use a Gillette Fusion, and it doesn't gunk up at all; even with all of those useless blades!

If you're looking for a nice cooling cream that will last forever, this is a great product! Look in the shaving section of any chain pharmacy, it will usually be on the bottom shelf.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I use this everytime I shave my head and I love it. I consider it a latherless cream but it does provide a good cushion and I haven't had a problem with cuts since I've started to use it.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I feel that Headslick gets looked over because of its focus on headshaving. I have been using this stuff for years on my face in the shower with my fusion (pre DE convert) and got excellent results lathering on my face with my hands.

Once I got a brush, I tried working this stuff up in a bowl, and to my suprise it worked up nicely, gaining volume while soaking up water. Result was a very slick, shiny, lather.

And, you really only need a dime sized dollop for a good 3-4 passes worth.

I love the scent, and the cooling effect. The nice suprise is how it moisturizes, even with a heavy menthol base.

The little bottle of this stuff goes a long way too.

I only knocked the packaging because although it is a convenient bottle, it is extremely wasteful to throw these away (or even recycle) them each time you buy a new one. They need to come out with a refill.

Luckily this stuff lasts forever (even when I was shaving my head and face).

Awesome product though.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability