What's new

Col Conk Lime

Item Description

I started wetshaving with a tube of Proraso, and the whole line of Col Conks soaps (I think this should be everyones starter kit).

The soap performs like the others in Col Conks line, however, I wasn't a fan of the scent. The lime was neither a delicious food scent, or a tantilizing bouquet of aromas. It was....well as expected....just lime. And a dull lime at that. Kind of like Mountain Dew.

If you are a lime fan, then I am sure it will fit the bill. Don't hesitate to try it, as it is cheap enough to give it a whirl. I wound up impregnating it with Proraso, and it is in the rotation, although doesn't get the call as often as Almond.

Latest reviews

Pros: Good lather.
Cons: Sickly candy lime smell.
Conk soaps tend to be ok lathering. The Lime scent is sickening sweet. I lathered it twice, refused to shave with it and tossed it into the shower. I prefer the Bay Rum.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap, Smells Great, Slick as can be!
Cons: Hard to lather at first
I think most people start out with this soap since its pretty inexpensive when getting into Wet shaving. I got it for that reason and because I wondered what the lime scent would smell like. It 's hard to lather at first, but once you learn how to make a good lather with soap, it holds its own and keeps your face super slick. I've had a small puck for about 3 months now, this stuff last forever! and i love the way it leaves my brushes smelling. Def a staple item in my rotation.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Slick, nice scent, evingasy lather
Cons: drys quickly, a little sticky
I love the smell of a lime scent, upon receiving this i had 4 days of growth, got out my red tip and used this, its not a bad shaving soap the scent is rather pleasing not over powering, easy to lather with a badger brush, its a slick soap but you must apply plenty of more water because if left too long on your face it will dry up and feel sticky, as for moisturizing nope does nothing as a moisturizer.. overall it was a smooth shave love the scent the slick and the lather i would recommend this soap.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
atison
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
1.83 star(s) 6 ratings

More in Shaving Soaps (Reviews)

More from atison

• Headslick shave cream
    I feel that Headslick gets looked over because of its focus on...
  • Vulfix 2233
    This is my second brush (cheap boar being my first). I heard these...
Top Bottom