What's new

Dovo Silvertip travel brush

Item Description

Being in the market for a travel brush and wanting to try a Dovo brush, this brush was a natural choice:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Price:
Considering the quality this brush is reasonable priced, though it can feel like a little much for a travel brush

Quality:
I am very impressed by the quality of this brush. The silvertip knot lost 2-3 hairs the second time I used and none since. The stainless steel handle is probably the toughest handle on any travel brush out there - fit and finish is perfect and assembly/disassembly is easy. The rubber o-rings does a good job of keeping the brush firmly together while assembled or packed, there is no wobblines at all to be felt when the brush is used

Density:
There are denser silvertips out there, but this small knot (19-20 mm) is still rather dense

Stiffness of Tips:
This brush i slightly floppier than the Kent BK4. But it is not, as such, what I would define as a floppy brush

Softness of Tips:
Very soft and luxurious, this is one of the nicest silvertips I have ever handeled

Ergonomic:
The long and heavy handle is not the most ergonomic but it is by no means uncomfortable. Considering it's double function as holster for the knot I thinks it is very cleverly designed

Latherability:
There is no doubt that this brush works best with creams, but it certainly does a decent job with soaps aswell (even MWF). As I normally only bring creams when I travel, but likes to try out any soaps I might pick up, this brush is perfect for me.
Though small, the knot easily holds enough lather for a four pass shave. The size of this knot also makes it perfect for face lathering, I am normally a bowl latherer, but for traveling face lathering is just so much more convenient

All in all this is a very nice brush, perhaps not the most beautiful on the market, but it is everything a god travel brush should be; sturdy, efficient, convenient and a good all-round performer.

Regards.

Jakob

Discussion for this review can be found here

Latest reviews

While looking for a travel brush I came across this one. It was alittle on the pricey side for I brush I want to buy just to travel with but I figured I was going to pay for Badger Hair. I was not disappointed when I got it. I first tried a shave at home with it and contemplated using this one as my home brush. It lathered that good. I recommend this brush for all your needs. The collar for the brush could be a little longer, as I am afraid of pulling the hairs out when my hands are slippery. It fits that good i the handle. Other than that it seems like a pretty sturdy brush. The O-rings feels very durable. I also thought the knot would hang up when trying to remove from the tube but this is not the case. Very nice brush.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
2.00 star(s)
I've had this brush for several months now, and I find it to be a really good brush. I like a smaller brush anyway, so this just fits the bill. I have no complaints what so ever on this one, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good strong travel brush. I think you could drive a tank over this brush and it'd work just fine. :biggrin: :tongue: :wink: :001_rolle :rolleyes:
Price
2.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
2.00 star(s)
I was in the market for a travel brush - turnbacks had always taunted me from SOTD pics, and im man enough to admit I wanted one.

View attachment 64743

I really wanted one.

This bad boy popped up on the BST, and even though I was looking for a major I snapped it up.

It gives a great shave, especially with a shaving stick even though it is on the floppy side (which is what I take when away from my den). Its a small knot, as expected with a travel brush - but it lathers like nobodys business. If it gets a little empty by the third pass I can always rub the stick on my face a litle more and off we go again.

Do I prefer a denser brush? Yes.
Would I like a slightly larger knot? Yes.

But this is a travel brush, so I cant have everything. What I can have, however, is a bomb proof shell. Seriously, this thing is indestructable. I can hurl it in my dopp kit without fear of anything. Plus, if needed it can be held in your fist and make your punches hit much harder.

There is, however, one small problem I have with this brush. The handle.
When I use the brush with the handle attached water gets into the handle and can be a bit of a hassle to dry (though I suppose it could evaporate while the brush itself is drying), and if I use it without the handle it seems a little stumpy.

All said though, I really like this brush, and have been glad to travel extensively with him.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)