What's new

Anthony Razor Burn Repair

Item Description

This product has the longest list of contents I have ever seen on a shaving product:

WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, PPG-2 MYRISTYL ETHER PROPIONATE, CYCLOMETHICONE, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, POLYSORBATE 20, BENZOCAINE, LECITHIN, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, PEG-100 STEARATE, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, ZINC OXIDE, TRIETHANOLAMINE, RETINYL PALMITATE, ASCORBIC ACID, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALTHEA OFFICINALIS ROOT EXTRACT, ST. JOHN'S WORT EXTRACT, ANTHEMIS NOBILIS FLOWER EXTRACT, PANAX GINSENG ROOT EXTRACT, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, CITRIC ACID, DMDM HYDANTOIN, MENTHA PIPERITA (PEPPERMINT) LEAF OIL, EUCALYPTUS GLOBULUS LEAF OIL, ROSEMARINUS OFFINALIS LEAF OIL, BLUE 1 (CI 42090)

According the Anthony the key ingredients are:

ALLANTOIN, BENZOCAINE, VITAMIN A, VITAMIN C, ST. JOHN'S WORT EXTRACT, GINSENG, VITAMIN E, ALOE VERA GEL, CHAMOMILE, PEPPERMINT, EUACALUPTUS EXTRACT

That is a lot of ingredients! It looks like Anthony has taken all the active ingredients of the most popular AS balms on the market and mixed them into one single product, maybe even adding a few extras of their own.
Upon reading the list of contents one realizes the this broduct contains two diffrent kinds of parabens. Because of the alleged health issues regarding parabens Anthony has decided to donare a portion of the sale of this product to prostate cancer research. A nice move imho.

Price:
Like any other product from Anthony this is not a cheap product. But considering what you get it is not overly expensive either

Quality:
No doubt this product is top quality; it really does everything it promises, a rare thing with these "high-tech-do-it-all" products. The plastic bottle is simple, but highly practical. The mint green colour and thick/sticky consistency of the balm itself is quite unappealing at first, but you quickly get used to it

Fights Razor Burn:
It does, better than any product, perhaps except from Thayer's Witch Hazel, I have tried. I did a few slightly "rough" shaves on purpose (old blade, a tad too much preassure) to really take it to the test, this product cleared up the burn very fast

Cooling Sensation:
For a balm the cooling sensation of this product is very high, the peppermint does a good job there

Scent:
A mild peppermint scent with "medical" undertones. Not really my cup of tea. but not unpleasant either. The scent doesn't linger and interferes minimally with you aftershave or cologne

Efficacy:
A small portion covers a large portion of the face, I suspect a single bottle last a very long time

Moisturizing:
Like any balm this product is very moisturizing, but not quite as much as more liquid traditional balms like Proraso or Musgo Real. Though sticky at first Anthony Razor Burn Repair is quickly absorbed into the skin leaving no grease or stickynes, just soft skin

No Alcohol Burn:
None at all

The only reason that this product has not be come an everyday product for me is that I find it boring. It may sound strange, but the classic alcohol based splash and Thayer's Witch Hazel combo is just so much more satisfying for me. But I do keep this product at hand for the occasional "shave gone bad".
If you are looking for a true no-noncence "do-it-all" balm that fights razorburn like there is no tomorrow this is the product for you - but if you, like me, is more of a "traditionalist" you may find this product oddly unsatisfying.

Regards.

Jakob

Latest reviews

I got a little sample from C.O. Bigelow because they where out of stock and so I bought the COB BayRum ASB and after shaving I put Anthony on one side and BayRum on the other side and Anthony did better at calming my razor burn. I will definitely buy it when they get it in.
This product has the longest list of contents I have ever seen on a shaving product:

WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, PPG-2 MYRISTYL ETHER PROPIONATE, CYCLOMETHICONE, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, POLYSORBATE 20, BENZOCAINE, LECITHIN, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, PEG-100 STEARATE, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, ZINC OXIDE, TRIETHANOLAMINE, RETINYL PALMITATE, ASCORBIC ACID, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALTHEA OFFICINALIS ROOT EXTRACT, ST. JOHN'S WORT EXTRACT, ANTHEMIS NOBILIS FLOWER EXTRACT, PANAX GINSENG ROOT EXTRACT, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, CITRIC ACID, DMDM HYDANTOIN, MENTHA PIPERITA (PEPPERMINT) LEAF OIL, EUCALYPTUS GLOBULUS LEAF OIL, ROSEMARINUS OFFINALIS LEAF OIL, BLUE 1 (CI 42090)

According the Anthony the key ingredients are:

ALLANTOIN, BENZOCAINE, VITAMIN A, VITAMIN C, ST. JOHN'S WORT EXTRACT, GINSENG, VITAMIN E, ALOE VERA GEL, CHAMOMILE, PEPPERMINT, EUACALUPTUS EXTRACT

That is a lot of ingredients! It looks like Anthony has taken all the active ingredients of the most popular AS balms on the market and mixed them into one single product, maybe even adding a few extras of their own.
Upon reading the list of contents one realizes the this broduct contains two diffrent kinds of parabens. Because of the alleged health issues regarding parabens Anthony has decided to donare a portion of the sale of this product to prostate cancer research. A nice move imho.

Price:
Like any other product from Anthony this is not a cheap product. But considering what you get it is not overly expensive either

Quality:
No doubt this product is top quality; it really does everything it promises, a rare thing with these "high-tech-do-it-all" products. The plastic bottle is simple, but highly practical. The mint green colour and thick/sticky consistency of the balm itself is quite unappealing at first, but you quickly get used to it

Fights Razor Burn:
It does, better than any product, perhaps except from Thayer's Witch Hazel, I have tried. I did a few slightly "rough" shaves on purpose (old blade, a tad too much preassure) to really take it to the test, this product cleared up the burn very fast

Cooling Sensation:
For a balm the cooling sensation of this product is very high, the peppermint does a good job there

Scent:
A mild peppermint scent with "medical" undertones. Not really my cup of tea. but not unpleasant either. The scent doesn't linger and interferes minimally with you aftershave or cologne

Efficacy:
A small portion covers a large portion of the face, I suspect a single bottle last a very long time

Moisturizing:
Like any balm this product is very moisturizing, but not quite as much as more liquid traditional balms like Proraso or Musgo Real. Though sticky at first Anthony Razor Burn Repair is quickly absorbed into the skin leaving no grease or stickynes, just soft skin

No Alcohol Burn:
None at all

The only reason that this product has not be come an everyday product for me is that I find it boring. It may sound strange, but the classic alcohol based splash and Thayer's Witch Hazel combo is just so much more satisfying for me. But I do keep this product at hand for the occasional "shave gone bad".
If you are looking for a true no-noncence "do-it-all" balm that fights razorburn like there is no tomorrow this is the product for you - but if you, like me, is more of a "traditionalist" you may find this product oddly unsatisfying.

Regards.

Jakob
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)