What's new

D. R. Harris sandalwood

Item Description

Don't go by the numbers. Despite the lack of chatter on this product, it is just about the best after shave I've tried. The burn is not bad at all for an alcohol based splash, and it leaves my face with a unique, supple feeling. Smells wonderful- better than many sandalwood colognes.
Harris sure can make 'em.

Price- I paid $27 at Pasteur's, but I think it retails for a bit more. Not cheap by any means, but you're not getting ripped off, given the quality.

Quality- Super duper. As good as any splash made, including Musgo Real. Scent is different, of course, but every bit as good, perhaps better.

Fights razor burn- The forte of alcohol splashes, and this one works well.

Cooling sensation- That's not what you expect, nor do you get it.

Scent- Absolutely lovely sandalwood nose, that lasts longer than most a/s's.

Efficacy- Great. Feels like you have brand new skin.

Moisturizing- As moisturizing as one could expect from an alcohol based splash- not drying at all.

No alcohol burn- Certainly tolerable, especially considering the overall sensation it provides.

Highest recommendation!

Latest reviews

Pros: A really nice Sandalwood aftershave with some staying power.
Cons: Other than the price, none.
I finished up my bottle of Domincia Bay Rum and it was time for a change. After some research here on B&B I settled on D.R. Harris Sandalwood aftershave.

This has to be the nicest aftersahave splash I have ever used, it fights razor burn nicely without giving you the "burn". Even several hours later, I still have a smooth face and the residual sandalwood scent to a point you don't need a cologne to go with it.

Yes this is not cheap at $45 Cdn but I opinion worth every penny. I would buy this again.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: This scent of sandalwood is just the best one I have ever tried
Cons: No negatives for me
I think this is the best sandalwood I've ever tried. It will always be " in stock" in my line-up of a/s products. Just love this scent.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Price: There's no getting around it...this's a pretty expensive A/S. I came by it in a trade, but I'm not sure I'll replace it once it's out, given its price.

Quality: Can't knock the quality at all...you certainly get a very fine splash. Does its job, smells great, and comes in a compact, classy, utilitarian bottle.

Fights razor burn: It's not like a balm in this regard, and I'd put it a few points behind my favorite splash (Dominica Bay Rum), but it's no slacker as far as soothing goes. Just be warned you're fighting fire with fire for a little bit there.

Cooling Sensation: There's no menthol in it, so you can't really expect a cooling feeling from it...especially if, like me, you've just drenched your face in frigid water as part of your routine.

Scent: "Subtle tangy oils" is right...there's really no getting around the fact that this smells nothing whatsoever like sandalwood. Compared to AoS soap & SCS limited-edition EdT, there really isn't an appreciable sandalwood note here...it smells more like a more refined version of Clubman had a love child with TOBS St. James. However, if you can get over the name, it smells great. Just nothing like you'd think it would from the name.

Efficacy: Does its job, and does it well. Nothing dreadfully exceptional.

Moisturizing: It's an alcohol splash. It might not be as drying as some, but if you want moisturizing, you really need a balm.

Alcohol Burn: Here's the kicker. I suspect it has something to do with the fragrance oils used for the scent, but this thing burns like hellfire for me...however, the burn doesn't linger. Maybe it's alcohol, maybe it's a reaction, but to me, it just feels like a really intense alcohol burn, which I don't mind. I could see someone avoiding for that reason, though.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)