What's new

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

Item Description

If $30 is a lot for a cream, as in the case of a 150g tube of Blenheim Bouquet, then $40 is surely "hide from the wife" territory. The extra sawbuck does get you a lovely, silver plated tub that will be ideal for holding the pencils you'll be selling when she kicks you out.

Price- $40 per tub. Pretty much says it all, yet I don't consider it at all unreasonable, given the quality.

Quality- Looks impressive, and is.

Scent- Fans of the BB cologne will love this one. Instant class in a can.

Latherability- Penhaligon's must have gone to the best when they formulated their creams.

Efficacy- Right up there with Coates and D. R. Harris, two of my favorites.

Moisturizing- Never my most important category, but it holds its own.

Packaging- Do yourself a favor and spring for the tub. Justify it by saying that you'll be able to get out every last drop. When you get to the bottom of the tub, you'll be glad you did.

Penhaligon's creams seem to get very little press, considering all the obsequious fawning over Castle Forbes, Trumpers, and the like.

Latest reviews

I'm not going to spend too much time singing the praises, but believe me, it is the best british cream that I've tried to date, period.
The lid is silver plated, or at least I was told by the sales peron at Penhaligon's. :rolleyes:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I expected this stuff to be overpriced and that, as a result, I would be disappointed. Well, I guess you could argue it's overpriced, but then again, just look at all of the "10" ratings. If anything, it's only slightly overpriced for that kind of quality. Of utmost importance, it gives a great shave via tons of lather. A huge added bonus is that it really makes you feel like you are treating yourself to something special. The presentation in the glass jar and silver lid is as good as any I've seen and the scent is amazing. After reading many reviews on basenotes regarding the scent, I was concerned that the pine element would be overwhelming (I hate the smell of pine sol). Thankfully, it's not. I believe the citrus, pepper and pine have a perfect balance.

I just can't afford to venture into this price range too often. Typically, I'll stick with SCS and Mama Bears products on a daily basis, with a little Trumper's or T&H thrown in now and then. However, in this one case, I'll gladly lay my money down for a luxury product that I can pull off the shelf for special occasions.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Well after reading rave reviews from B&B users on both the EDT and cream, I finally got my hands on some.

I got a great deal from flea bay, and was excited when it finally arrived in the post.

The cream is simply outstanding. Having not tried the scent, I was a little apprehensive, however my apprehension soon disappeared once I finally worked up a batch for my shave.

The scent is great, a very citrus burst to begin with, and is very fresh and clean. The citrus burst is very similar to Trumpers GFT, or Christian Dior Eau Sauvage but has a different dry down to both. I found the cream scent seem to stay subtly with me for about 3-4 hours afterwards. As for the lather, it was very easy to generate, and only a normal pea size amount was required for a 5 pass shave. It provided great protection during the shave and I found my face feeling quite moisturized afterwards.

If you don't like sharp citrus, peppery scents this isn't for you, however I found it to be a wonderful performing cream. I got a good price, however is expensive brand new, but well worth it.

Do yourself a favour and treat yourself to some luxury, and try a Penhaligon's cream in your preferred scent, you won't be disappointed.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)