What's new

Saint Charles Shave Sandalwood Aftershave Cream

Item Description

I haven't written a review in the longest time. I think there is an air of impropriety when a moderator opines on a product, lest someone place too much weight on a subjective review written by some knucklehead. Still, I'm a consumer; a hard to please one at that.

SCS provides some of the best bargains in the business. Their splashes and balms are first rate, and are as good as products on the market costing four times as much. The new sandalwood cream is a welcome addition to their portfolio, and displays the same qualities as the rest of their line.

It's a bit thicker than their milks or balms, but I wouldn't describe it as heavy. It seems to moisturize a bit more than some of their other creams, but that may be due to the warm, 90+ temps in my area. Sandalwood is, for me, a cool weather scent, but I'm enjoying the heck out of it already.

The scent is pure and fairly heavy. Not as strong or oily as the Harris splash, but stronger and more lingering than the SCS splash. Perhaps not as powerful as the AoS cream, but also without the hefty pricetag. I like it. :thumbup1:

It's hard to find fault in this or any other SCS product, and given the price, it's easy to build a nice collection of aftershaves for a song. I don't for a minute consider them to be "knock offs". Rather, they have managed to carve out their own unique niche that can stand on its own merit. Well done.

Note: picture is the sandalwood splash.

Latest reviews

I've had a sample container of this balm for a few months now but have found that I only rarely use it because I'm more of a splash person. However the balm does all the things that a balm should in that it moisturizes well and with a very low burn. I also have the Sandalwood splash and its scent is much more pure and enjoyable.. the balm's scent seems to be muddled with soapy element. Not as enjoyable.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I haven't written a review in the longest time. I think there is an air of impropriety when a moderator opines on a product, lest someone place too much weight on a subjective review written by some knucklehead. Still, I'm a consumer; a hard to please one at that.

SCS provides some of the best bargains in the business. Their splashes and balms are first rate, and are as good as products on the market costing four times as much. The new sandalwood cream is a welcome addition to their portfolio, and displays the same qualities as the rest of their line.

It's a bit thicker than their milks or balms, but I wouldn't describe it as heavy. It seems to moisturize a bit more than some of their other creams, but that may be due to the warm, 90+ temps in my area. Sandalwood is, for me, a cool weather scent, but I'm enjoying the heck out of it already.

The scent is pure and fairly heavy. Not as strong or oily as the Harris splash, but stronger and more lingering than the SCS splash. Perhaps not as powerful as the AoS cream, but also without the hefty pricetag. I like it. :thumbup1:

It's hard to find fault in this or any other SCS product, and given the price, it's easy to build a nice collection of aftershaves for a song. I don't for a minute consider them to be "knock offs". Rather, they have managed to carve out their own unique niche that can stand on its own merit. Well done.

Note: picture is the sandalwood splash.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn