Items by talibeard

talibeard
4.50 star(s) 2 ratings
Views
Reviews
I scored a couple of these when visiting Budapest a few months back and piffed a few but kept and tried one myself too of course. The Smart has the exact same razor head as the LP1822 aka L6; a casted head much like the ones on the Merkur Classic of a mild nature but absolutely capable of efficient and close shaves. It doesn't have the finish of the Mühles and EJ's but is made well enough and it centers and aligns the blade perfectly. In my opinion this is one of the nicest shaving...
I think this is the brush that ends my search for the perfect face-latherer. It is a small boar with a 47mm loft, a 21mm knot and a total height of 85mm. It is the kind of size I prefer for face lathering; any boar over 50mm seems to big for that because they splay too much and massage too little. It comes in a perfectly fitting travel container, packed in a nice cardboard box. The same brush is also available in a pure and best badger. At the current rate this beauty set me back $25...
I scored a pair of these (NOS) for 7,50 (euro) including shipment. I was expecting to get what I paid for especially after my experiences with a pair of more expensive Golf razors (also from the GDR) which couldn't even load a blade before I 'improved' them. I only bid on them because I have a weak spot for the minimalistic design, cheap materials and sometimes dubious craftmanship of warsaw-pact products. Former GDR products are usually very minimalistic and I wasn't expecting anything from...
talibeard
0.89 star(s) 9 ratings
Views
Reviews
I don't get this; a classic around for a very long time and nobody ever reviewed the stuff! Well, let me try. Last week I had (just by accident) a very British week; got myself a Vulfix brush (not tried yet; shame on me), a Vulfix soap (and I seem to be the only one on B&B; shame on you!) and the Pashana AS. Technically Vulfix is from the Isle of Man and therefore not British I think but I need to dig into that so when you feel insulted; mea culpa!! Price is very reasonable; at 12...
Got this one as a freebee from Paul Kox ( www.barbershopclassics.nl ) with my last order. He charges just over 5 euro's for one of these. Knowing several Lord products my expectations were rather high, even for such a simple product. I like their Super Stainless blades very much and love their LP1822 razors (the old tech-type which I reviewed as well as their new merkur-like-type which I didn't dare review because it pushed most of my more established razors out of my rotation; who is...
talibeard
1.00 star(s) 4 ratings
Views
Reviews
A german quality blade that deserves to be much more popular than it is. Having used a fair number of packages of these I didn't find a bad blade yet so their QC seems to be near perfect. Not the sharpest out there but doing the job in 3 passes and touch ups is still pretty good. They deliver 3/4 very good shaves that remain at the same level; very constant performer. Smoothness is superb; the blades feel like silk and so is the result of the shave. Their only minor point is their...
talibeard
0.67 star(s) 6 ratings
Views
Reviews
This is the nicest Merkur out there (ok, ok IMO & YMMV) and the only one I would buy again with the knowledge I have today. The 25C was my second DE, after using an Astra TTO for 15 years and one (of two) that was instantly perfect. The shave is not the closest but very, very comfortable and was perfect from the first shave on. Marking it down for quality is all about the just above mediocre plating and the just below mediocre blade allignment. Merkur really should do something about their...
Surprised there wasn't a review yet of this very nice product I felt obliged to give it a try. Starting with the only real problem of this soap: the really huge size it comes in. On the market for professional use means it is only available in a daunting 1kg pack. With an inbelievable (low) price tag...I paid just over 20 euro's for this brick. Good news is that some vendors are slicing it and sell it in 100 gram units. First thing you notice is the scent, a very, very, sweet almond scent...
Top Bottom