What's new

Smart (S625)

Item Description

I scored a couple of these when visiting Budapest a few months back and piffed a few but kept and tried one myself too of course.

The Smart has the exact same razor head as the LP1822 aka L6; a casted head much like the ones on the Merkur Classic of a mild nature but absolutely capable of efficient and close shaves.

It doesn't have the finish of the Mühles and EJ's but is made well enough and it centers and aligns the blade perfectly. In my opinion this is one of the nicest shaving razor heads among current production razors and delivers much more than you would expect from a razor with this price-tag.

The only difference with the LP1822 is the handle; instead of aluminium this one is made from hollow plastic but with a threaded metal piece on top for durability. To be frank I prefer the aluminium handle of its more expensive brother for grip, balance and looks but I have no real complaints about this one. It just feels cheap and it makes the razor more head-heavy than the LP1822 but that is just a matter of getting used to.

Why choose for the Smart instead of the LP1822? Well, in the first place you can get these from the bay at unbelievable low prices right now but you will still end up with a quality razor-head. The handle might look and feel a little flimsy but longevity will probably be as good as with the LP1822 due to the metal threaded part. Besides, I have seen people change the handle on the LP1822 for a heavier one; when that is your intention this is the razor to buy as they cost less than half with some vendors. Plus you get 5 nice platinum class blades with it.

Another decent reason to buy one of these is when you are doubting about DE-shaving and want to give it a shot without breaking the bank; for just a few bucks you can buy a decent razor that really works very well.

It makes a great travel razor as well; that is what mine will become for sure!

Latest reviews

Pros: Quality for the price
Cons: none
Excellent feel and operation from a not very expensive razor. Inexpensive doesn't necessarily mean cheap! The head IS like that of a Merkur (as has been said before) , but the feel of this razor is way beyond it's under 8 dollar price tag. Construction is absolutely fine. One could shave with only this for the rest of one's life I expect. Which may be what I end up doing. The plastic handle was easy to get used to and has no bearing on what kind of shave you get once you get used to it. Put your favorite blade in it and shave already! You won't be unhappy.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)