What's new

Lord L111

Item Description

Got this one as a freebee from Paul Kox ( www.barbershopclassics.nl ) with my last order. He charges just over 5 euro's for one of these.

Knowing several Lord products my expectations were rather high, even for such a simple product. I like their Super Stainless blades very much and love their LP1822 razors (the old tech-type which I reviewed as well as their new merkur-like-type which I didn't dare review because it pushed most of my more established razors out of my rotation; who is gonna believe that!)

It is a plastic razor much like the Dorco PL-510 but with a metal head part. And that has three advantages:

- It gives the razor more weight
- The metal glides more easily over your skin
- It improves the balance a lot (when you want the weight in the head, like I do)

The angles and blade exposure are well chosen on this razor; it is truly a real DE and they really know what shaving is about in Alexandria, Egypt.

It is not going to last; not badly made but it is just plastic with zinc(?)-alloy.
It will last long enough to know what DE shaving is about though so this razor would be a great starter razor when you don't want to spend a lot of money right away.
IMO it beats the two other plasticky razors I tried; the Wilkinson classic (which is more like a one blade cartridge and doesn't shave like a DE at all) and the Dorco PL-510 (real DE but far too light to be ok with most newbee's IMO).

None of your friends will be impressed by the looks of this razor but it is doing the job really well. Grip is fine,just taking out the old blade is a bit tricky.

Overall a great starter- or travelling razor and surprisingly good.

Latest reviews

Got a Racer R314 (same as the Lord L111) on the Bay for 99 cent :biggrin1:. Tried it as soon as it came in. Balance is good, it is a bit aggressive. You do not have to bother about angle. That has been taken care of by the designers. Got a CCS in 2 passes WTG with a RACER blade. It is a two piece razor like the Wilkinson Classic. Changing the blade is a bit difficult as you have to touch the edge of the blade to do so (at least I had to). I used a towel and it went fine. Overall, a nice razor. I will keep using it. Would make a good starters or travel razor too.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
4.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
3.00 star(s)
Got this one as a freebee from Paul Kox ( www.barbershopclassics.nl ) with my last order. He charges just over 5 euro's for one of these.

Knowing several Lord products my expectations were rather high, even for such a simple product. I like their Super Stainless blades very much and love their LP1822 razors (the old tech-type which I reviewed as well as their new merkur-like-type which I didn't dare review because it pushed most of my more established razors out of my rotation; who is gonna believe that!)

It is a plastic razor much like the Dorco PL-510 but with a metal head part. And that has three advantages:

- It gives the razor more weight
- The metal glides more easily over your skin
- It improves the balance a lot (when you want the weight in the head, like I do)

The angles and blade exposure are well chosen on this razor; it is truly a real DE and they really know what shaving is about in Alexandria, Egypt.

It is not going to last; not badly made but it is just plastic with zinc(?)-alloy.
It will last long enough to know what DE shaving is about though so this razor would be a great starter razor when you don't want to spend a lot of money right away.
IMO it beats the two other plasticky razors I tried; the Wilkinson classic (which is more like a one blade cartridge and doesn't shave like a DE at all) and the Dorco PL-510 (real DE but far too light to be ok with most newbee's IMO).

None of your friends will be impressed by the looks of this razor but it is doing the job really well. Grip is fine,just taking out the old blade is a bit tricky.

Overall a great starter- or travelling razor and surprisingly good.
Grip
3.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)