Items by Jim

Jim
0.72 star(s) 18 ratings
Views
Reviews
Valobra shave stick I picked this up at Smallflower.com recently and I was quite surprised at how terrific this soap is. I got a very close comfortable shave with it.The sticks are 2 Oz's,and while no ingredients are posted on the website or printed on the package, I believe this is a tallow based soap. My face had huge pillows of thick dense lather. The stick has a clean soapy scent. The lather was as good as some of the high end English soaps and overall I would place it performance wise...
With Penhaligon's shave cream- Very,very impressive brush! More so because of the cost. On to soaps- I used the BBE brush with QED Sandalwood today- This brush is a water hog, Loaded up with that sandalwood goodness, A little water, some more water and work, Pretty good job of it, That should do the job, Ahh, another great shave! As Joel showed multiple grips are possible with this brush, this is most comfortable for me. Handle A very...
The Maine Shave System The Maine Shave products come packaged in heavy lined cardboard boxes and heavy walled tub and bottles. The caps and pumps are of high quality and function well. The labeling is printed on heavy stock and is water resistant. This is what the Maine shave website says; Experience the whole ritual from start to finish. Start with our deep cleansing Natural Gentle Daily Facial Cleanser. Use our All-Natural Intensive Moisturizing Shaving Cream for the smoothest...
The blurb below is from the Baekgaard website. The manufacturer of the bag for C&E Toiletry Kit - Tobacco Brown. 9“ x 5“ x 5.5“. Brown microfiber with black leather trim. The lining is vinylized woven plaid for water and stain resistance. The toiletry kit has a unique design allowing it to be opened in a manner that permits the user to see all contents in the bag. In addition, this piece has a unique zipped opening producing a compartment for separate storage in the bottom section of the...
Diehl's Shave Soap- Natural This was a gift from my B&B secret Santa- I have enjoyed this soap very much. The soap contains; vegetable oils, glycerin, water, vitamin E, emulsifier and fragrance. I find the lather to be unscented. This soap provides a good no nonsense shave, does not cause any skin reactions and does not dry out my face. Making lather is fast and easy with no fuss. The lather provides good cushion and very good lubrication/slip. I can get a good close shave with no...
Jim
Views
Reviews
SR 3722 comparison photos Left to right-Omega 24 MM Shavemac 23MM SR 22MM The loft on the SR is longer but it is not more floppy/moppy than the Shavemac. After a week of use she really opened up
Jim
0.67 star(s) 21 ratings
Views
Reviews
Shavemac # 177 23mm silvertip brush What can anyone say about this company and its brushes that has not already been said? This was the third good brush that I purchased after surfing into the B&B and discovering that there was more shaving stuff out there than I had ever imagined. I was on a some what Goldie-locks type of mission in regards to finding the right brush, The first was a bit small at 19mm the second was too big at 26mm. I found the Shavemac was “Just right” at 23mm...
Jim
Views
Reviews
QEDMan Skin Basics After Shave Conditioner Lavender EO The QEDMan After shave conditioner is a translucent white balm thicker than a milk but thinner than a cream. The product comes packaged in a clear 2 ounce 60/ml plastic squeeze bottle with a black plastic disc top. Price 6.50 US for 2 fluid ounces/ 60 ml Quality The product seems well made of high quality ingredients; a small critique is the plastic squeeze bottle, while keeping costs down this product deserves a higher end...
With the profusion of Shea butter shave soaps available today I do not need the level of moisturizing that I once did. These soaps have much more lubrication as well so my skin is in better shape after my shave. I see a dermatologist on a regular basis (To much sun as a kid) and I always snag samples of products from her, some of these are light moisturizers with SPF sunscreen in them, one is called Purpose- a Johnson and Johnson product. I have been using it for a while with very good...
I tried these soaps when I ordered some shaving soaps.The full size bath bars are 3.75 oz. and are sold as 2-for 3.95. The soap is very simply packaged in shrink wrap and a printed label is applied. I am told by Sue, of the 75 varieties of this soap offered the most commonly ordered by men are; Old Spice, Coolwater for Men, Sandalwood, Sandalwood Vanilla, and Drakkar. The ingredients are the same over the line for all soaps- Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Goats Milk, Sodium...
Jim
0.73 star(s) 95 ratings
Views
Reviews
Nivea For Men After Shave Extra Soothing Balm Sensitive skin formula This is a readily available grocery/drugstore product that has a retail price of 6.00 US The Balm comes packaged in a very nice milk glass bottle with a screw off top it holds 3.3 ounces (100ml) The Nivea website has this to say: Extra soothing and protective After Shave care for easily irritated skin. Designed with no alcohol and colorants to prevent the risk of irritations.Immediate Relief & Gentle...
Jim
0.78 star(s) 36 ratings
Views
Reviews
Price This is one of the most reasonably (read sanely) priced soaps available. The pucks weigh 3.5 oz. and are priced at 3.25 each. All the shaving soaps are formulated the same except for scent. Discounts for shipping and multi packs are available. Quality For this face the honeybee Spa soaps cannot be beat. Super moisture during and after the shave, I have the worst combination of skin and beard - dry sensitive skin and a beard like a BBQ brush running in every direction. Many of...
Top Bottom