What's new

Shavemac Silvertip- Large # 177 23mm

Item Description

Shavemac # 177 23mm silvertip brush

What can anyone say about this company and its brushes that has not already been said?

This was the third good brush that I purchased after surfing into the B&B and discovering that there was more shaving stuff out there than I had ever imagined.

I was on a some what Goldie-locks type of mission in regards to finding the right brush,

The first was a bit small at 19mm the second was too big at 26mm.

I found the Shavemac was “Just right” at 23mm.

So what makes it the “perfect” brush- it’s soft- but not floppy, It's very easy to make a great lather with, its flexible- but not moppy. Dense enough not to deflect too much. Yet still cashmere soft on my face.

I found dealing with Bernd Blos at Shavemac to be a real pleasure, his products are outstanding and his service is exceptional.

I think it looks gorgeous sitting there with my initials on it.

So Yes, I love this brush..

Fresh out of the box...

Post bloom.....
displayimage.php

A little lather....

Please post your comments about this review HERE Do not post in this thread unless you wish to rate the product

Latest reviews

Pros: Softness of the bristles
Cons: None
It does not matter what soap I use, this brush develops a great lather every time.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Good craftsmanship, perfect stiffness.
Cons: Hard to find a downside, especially if you like the round shape.
Great brush.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Beautiful presentation, densely packed hair, well weighted handle, a lot of backbone. It also did not have the usual dead wet dog smell upon first or subsequent uses.
Cons: It hasn't bloomed quite to what I'd expected, but it is fantastic otherwise.
The 177 was my first "expensive" brush purpose having moved up from a re-branded 2233 badger.

I was immediately taken by the quality of the presentation, the density of the hairs and the heft of the handle.

This is the only brush I've owned to date that did not need extensive work to remove the funk, and that in and of itself is worth quite a few dollars :001_tongu
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)