Items by galleryg

This is an intriguing scent, that when described is sounds like a dozen or more others but it ends there. It is singularly unique and for those willing to pay the price will surround you with an heir of distinction without the perceived snobbery. Bursts of fresh mandarin and bergamot to start followed by a complex blend of gardenia and other florals I cannot identify, then gives way to rich yet powdery tobacco and cowhide. As familiar as it sounds, it is anything but familiar when...
Lofty praise I know but allow me to explain. I tested this product for 5 days straight and was mightily impressed. My skin felt like silk every time after using it and I could not think of one negative to that could be attributed to it. More on it to follow. Not being sure that what I was experiencing was not related to other things I did a rotation with all of my other trusted products to make an objective comparison. Top quality shaves followed by the following products. They...
galleryg
0.63 star(s) 8 ratings
Views
Reviews
This is a company that doesn't get much exposure here so I thought I'd put in my 2 cents. First I must say that their customer service is Top Notch! When I called to get more info on their products, much time was afforded to me by an extremely knowledgeable staff member, who was courteous to a fault. That said without even asking I was offered a complete kit of their full line of products at no charge! This review will be confined just to the black ice cream. I found it to be...
galleryg
1.43 star(s) 7 ratings
Views
Reviews
In my zeal to keep up with the Jones'es I purchased this one on ebay for $60 (ouch) to add to my collection. It was the best one i could find not over $100 in over a weeks of searching. Having never used one and after hearing such good things about them, it's arrival was highly anticipated. When it came I marveled at how such an antique could be in such good shape after what appeared to have been heavy use. Then came the test by fire. Loaded with a fresh derby and used with some Trumpers...
I find it curious that RMWS (Roberts Method Wet Shave) Hydrolast products have yet to be reviewed here. Perhaps it is because it's info is so pervasive on the net. I certainly cannot provide an in depth dissertation such as his must read RMWS however I will still try to offer a view as a consumer. As he himself says, his products and method are not for everyone. I will say this though, if you have ever had problems getting a consistent close shave, or you are stricken with frequent razor...
Admittedly this will not be for everyone. I mean really! How could you learn to love a brush that you can't sit face up... If you can get over that fact you will find that this is a SUPERB performer. High quality build. Dense breach. Great water holding ability. Firm yet soft and luxurious bristles. ZERO hair loss (in first week), and comparatively minimal bloom. Not at all moppy. It has a wonderfully dense feeling on the face with great massaging properties without feeling prickly. At...
galleryg
1.33 star(s) 3 ratings
Views
Reviews
It never ceases to amaze me how scents can trigger such strong emotion and visualizations of days past. This was my fathers decant from the 60's. At an extremely impressionable age during puberty may father went to Vietnam and the lasting thing I remember of him was the hug at the airport and that haunting smell of Jade east. When we visited him on R&R in Hawaii I saw him from a distance walking toward us as if in slow motion, all haggard from war, but sharp as a "Feather". During that long...
Top Bottom