What's new

Merkur/Dovo Long handle Silvertip

Item Description

Admittedly this will not be for everyone. I mean really! How could you learn to love a brush that you can't sit face up...

If you can get over that fact you will find that this is a SUPERB performer. High quality build. Dense breach. Great water holding ability. Firm yet soft and luxurious bristles. ZERO hair loss (in first week), and comparatively minimal bloom. Not at all moppy. It has a wonderfully dense feeling on the face with great massaging properties without feeling prickly. At $79 it is a tremendous bargain and all around formidable performer.

The handle is heavy and well balanced and at least for me there was no learning curve switching between traditional styled brushes. Feels natural in your hand. Gripping when wet on the satin model was no problem. I actually find that when returning to my Rooney it feels a bit awkward after using this for a while.

Not being able to rest it on a counter is not problematic for me as I use a Moss scuttle as a mixer and warmer on a daily basis. (Ahhhh can you feel the warmth) The long, indented handle seems tailor made for this unit.

It is unmistakably modern and sleek in appearance and looks fab displayed in the minimalist matching stand.

I must say though that I was very disappointed with the stand. Functionality and design are aces, but the finishing is just crap. the forks that support the brush and razor still have unfinished edges from the pressed molding process when formed. Just a minor caveat that is not noticeable in a cursory inspection. None the less at $60 I expected much more attention to detail for an item that probably costs less than $10 to mass produce. I would assume that the gold or nickel plated version probably does not have this problem, but this is just an assumption.

In closing I would HIGHLY recommend this brush for those wishing to give something new a try without breaking the bank. It also would be a worthy starter brush for the new wet shaver.

A stick shift without the clutch. Who'd a thunk...

Latest reviews

D
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Bought it with a Futur complete set...Kind of expensive the whole set (€ 430 | USD 610) so i can not give you a price (or brush as individual product).

Well made, silvertip it seems to me, maybe 21 or 22 mm knot.Not floppy on soaps or creams. Lathers well, the handle is ergonomic even with wet hands. On face smooth and pleasant as any silvertip.

If it wasn't the price i will give him a Best Choice award.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
This is an excellent brush for a beginner to advanced. Although it is only a 22mm it lathers up a storm. This is/was my first brush, but after a while the SBAD will kick in. You definitely need the stand for this brush, can't just have it sitting on the counter.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)