What's new

Hydrolast RMWS

I've been using Hydrolast products for the last month, and am completely floored. This system is most likely the system I'm going to stay with for a while.

The shave cloth produces a great amount of lather. It will explode in your hands within 30 seconds, and leave you wanting for face to put it on.

The slickness and way it treats your razor, allowing your blade to get directly to the hair, is something I have never experienced before. Using Hydrolast, I've come the closest to BBS I've EVER been. In fact, I think that I've changed my standards for what BBS means; places I would have thought were clean 6 weeks ago are now unacceptable.

In the moisturizing category, I wish I could give it more than a 10. I shave everyday now. No one day a week to allow my face some down time. I don't need it. When I'm done with my shave, I dry my face and hit any rough patches I missed. Let me say that again for emphasis: I take a Feather blade to my bare, dry skin when I'm done shaving with NO discomfort. Name another product that you will try that with.

It's Hydrolast, so the price can't be a 10. That said, I think my initial order of shave paste and cutting balm are going to last me 5-6 months. I can live with dropping the change on the products when they stick around for awhile. PLUS, I've been cured of SSAD and SCAD, so I can channel the money from those.

Scents are clean, and are simple for your shave. They're not going to linger around after you're done. If you want something that stays, get some cologne.

Packaging is brown plastic bottles. Sometimes they get slick, and tend to leak a bit during transport. Not a big deal for me, I'm more worried about what's inside.

If you have been shaving for a while and feel like you want to bump your shaves to the next level, just try it for a month. You aren't just paying for the products, Charles is available a quick phone call away for any questions you have. Try calling Trumpers and asking them what do to about the irritation on your neck. Order some now, and find out why the converts to RMWS are totally bonkers.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I find it curious that RMWS (Roberts Method Wet Shave) Hydrolast products have yet to be reviewed here. Perhaps it is because it's info is so pervasive on the net. I certainly cannot provide an in depth dissertation such as his must read RMWS however I will still try to offer a view as a consumer.

As he himself says, his products and method are not for everyone. I will say this though, if you have ever had problems getting a consistent close shave, or you are stricken with frequent razor burn, you owe it to yourself to give his products a go. All I can say is the results are astounding!

Now I don't eschew the use of other creams or soaps. It is the main reason that many of us love WS as a "hobby". I'll never give up my Taylor Rose. No one wants to give up their favorite stuff. But his products work incredibly well.

I have beard that resembles barbed wire and it has always proven challenging to get BBS shave. Most shaves I get with traditional product are more than acceptable, but if I want perfection Hydrolast delivers the goods.

I'm not a maven of his system, but with just the basics of cube and paste the results are as close to perfect as I have ever achieved with NO razor burn.

The variety of scents that are available and aromatic lushness that we long for leaves a bit to be desired, but oh boy the results...

Also one of the big benefits is the warmth of the lather is always present because you are always working from a hot sink. I have found that just loading the brush with the slag from the cube and then charging the brush with the paste is all that is required for me to get a superb shave. It is a simple and quick process that can be viewed here

Two thumbs up!!!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability