Items by brothers

A hard soap with tallow, made in England. Very inexpensive and pleasantly scented. Easy to lather copiously and slick. Offered in 100g and 70g. The Salter's brand has been around for many years.
Krampert's Finest Shaving Soaps: Acadian Spice Bay Rum and Frostbite 1. Product name: Krampert's Finest Shaving Soap a. Acadian Spice Bay Rum b. Frostbite 2. Country of origin: USA - made by Seifenglatt 3. Container size: 6 ounces 4. Price: $22.99 5. Cost per ounce: $3.83 6. Fragrance: Does it have a scent? Identical to Krampert's Finest Aftershaves by the same names. 7. Texture: Describe the look and feel. Semi-soft soap 8. Protective: Does it protect against razor burn and...
brothers
0.67 star(s) 3 ratings
Views
Reviews
1. Product name: Vitos Crema da Barba 2. Country of origin: Italy 3. Container size: 500ml (1 pound) 4. Price: Product: $4.93; Shipping: Italy/Germany/USA $18.17; Total $23.10 5. Cost per ounce: $0.31. (Cheaper than JM Frasers) ($1.44 per oz. shipped) 6. Fragrance: Does it have a scent? Eucalyptus 7. Texture: Describe the look and feel. Thick paste 8. Protective: Does it protect against razor burn and chafing? Yes 9. Lubrication: Is it slippery? Did it help the razor slide...
Vitos Sapone Per Barba Supercrema Finissima Emolliente 1. Product name: Vitos Sapone Per Barba Supercrema Finissima Emolliente 2. Country of origin: Italy 3. Container size: 1 kg (35.27 ounces) 4. Price: including shipping costs from UK to USA, $32.32 current exchange rate (£23.67) 5. Cost per ounce: $0.92 6. Fragrance: Does it have a scent? Light and clean 7. Texture: Describe the look and feel. Soft smooth malleable soap 8. Protective: Does it protect against razor burn and...
Brothers’ criteria for the 3 Claveles Professional Horsehair Brush Review 1. Quality 8 2. Balance 9 3. Luxury Factor 8 4. Ease of Lather 10 5. Price 10 6. Stiffness of tips 3 7. Softness of tips 9 8. Ergonomic 9 I've only reviewed one single brush, the one that I have and currently use in combination with 3 badger brushes. As with every other product we use, the next person might get their own horsehair brush and have a totally...
brothers
1.75 star(s) 8 ratings
Views
Reviews
I picked this old razor up from a guy on the BST a while back for less than $20. It's not pretty, but it shaves like a dream. That's why I wanted it. I would also like to find an older Aristocrat with an Open Comb + TTO, because I think this was one of Gillette's finest designs. For a 72 year old piece of shaving history, this is a fine tool. This one, I believe, was the last of the open comb TTO razors built by Gillette. Once in a while I see these popping up on ebay, but they're...
I recently volunteered, along with a few other guys at SMF, to receive a tube of this new shaving cream from Europe, and in return I agreed to use it and prepare and post an objective review. Now that I've shaved with it, here's the review. Solo's attractively designed box describes it as Fresh, Cool, and Extra Moisturizing. Mine was in the blue box, marked Regular. I presume there is a menthol version, and maybe others. This is a new product, obviously for the European market. It...
brothers
0.28 star(s) 29 ratings
Views
Reviews
Discussion thread HERE
The scent is pleasant. It is not overpowering like Tabac. It doesn't hit you in the nose. I am just a guy, and never an authority on what stuff smells like. It is masculine, but it reminds me a little bit of a newly mowed field right after a gentle rain. I don't think it is flowery, but in general, considering that most growing things produce flowers, then in that sense it is pleasantly reminescent of flowering plants, including the nearby areas where things are blooming in the late...
Top Bottom