What's new

Irisch Moos Shaving Stick

Item Description

Discussion thread HERE

Latest reviews

Pros: Tallow, easy to lather, nice scent and great performer
Cons: Discontinued
I put a rating on the price even if was free for me. Would I pay the $18 for the shave stick if I wanted it? I probably would but wouldn't only shave with this one. I would save it so I wouldn't buy it very often. It's a nice stick!

This one is a classic by any standards and was discontinued not too long ago in 2011. It's a real shame as the scent is a killer! The scent is close to juniper berries and you can get that fresh pine scent too! This goes in the Green fragrances. So, if you're a fan of fougères, pine, green plant type of scent, this one is for you.

I got to say that I found the aftershave overpowering but the shave stick, is perfect.

It's a great product, easy to lather, comes with his own container. The only thing, with time, that container becomes useless. There's no screw treads, lock or anything. It's a tube in a tube that you push from under and that's it. When the stick is new, no issues. As you use the shave stick, both tubes get used and the consequence is that when you are pressing the shave stick on your face, it can easily fall at the bottom of the tube. I have to push the shave stick while I apply the product which is semi-annoying. I mean, I'm happy that I have a container. It reminds me of a deodorant container. But, it's not perfect, I can't lock it in place...

I know, I'm difficult about my shave stick containers...

Other than that, this soap is made of tallow, well, was made of tallow as we can see in Wiki.

Bottom line is, it's good!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Scent, Slickness, Packaging
Cons: Price
Very nice packaging for a shave stick. I overpayed a little bit, but it can be found for under 15. It's discontinued, which is a shame, because it's and amazing stick.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
WOW What a soap!

Lathers up nice and easy and very thick, stable lather...just like it's brother, Tabac.

It comes only in a stick form but it is housed in a very high quality push-up container. It is also 100g instead of the usual 50g which means it is a much wider stick, making it easier to get the soap on the face.

The scent is heaven! It is quite strong but doesn't irritate my skin at all. It is a great green scent with a heavy-ish spicy/woodsy undertone, I really like it. It is less strong than Tabac (but what isnt?!?) however, it is stronger than most others in my rotation.

It doesn't dry the skin but doesn't add moisture. I gave it an 8 because it really didn't leave the skin any drier. I would give 10 only to MWF which actually feels like it moisturises the skin.

Its a top quality soap in all respects and I feel every shave den should include Irisch Moos.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)